Motivation and help getting started

Options
I am at my wits end. I really need to lose at least 90 but want to lose 100. I am at this alone. No support system. I need a buddy to help me with this. I also need a low impact exercise regime because I do suffer from chronic pain and osteoarthritis, and help getting started to eat healthier. Note that I'm into fruits and no vegetables.

Replies

• rlridgway2461
    rlridgway2461 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My mom has no knee cap in one knee and arthritis in both and she has found that she enjoys walking (w/ trek poles) as her excercise. As she has lost the weight she's been able to increase her speed and distance. I think she's down about 70lbs now. Hope I was helpful and good luck!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    1st you are not in this alone, you are here with a lot of us that have a lot of weight to lose. Welcome!

I started walking just 15 min a day, increased that to 30 min a day and now I'm up to 2-3 miles 4 times a week (took about a month 1/2).

I recommend getting good running shoes, load your phone with some good music, download mapmyfitness app and hit the pavement (or mall if weather is bad they usually open early for mall walkers). Physically and mentally you will feel so good once you start hitting milestones like your first mile.

Also maybe yoga. I'm the chubbiest in my class by far but it's for me!

My mantra has been - make up your mind and your body will follow.

Don't get discouraged! Just keep showing up for yourself.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Start with the easy stuff and work up to the harder things. Surround yourself with like-minded people, and DO IT!! Good luck!!
  • sexyhotmomma01
    sexyhotmomma01 Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I want to lose 100 or so... but it's easy to make small goal at 1st than a large one. I just started back yesterday and already had amazing people who want to help me!!! Feel free to add me!!! Together we can reach our goals!:)
  • nuttygirly
    nuttygirly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) Let's support each other!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request I gave about 75lbs to go.
  • FloridaBeachGIRL145
    Options
    Ready to loose! Monday starts! :)