Anyone doing atkins?

Options
I have been calorie counting since febuary-done well. But now i seem to be all over the map with it. Thinking about a change for a while and was going to go back to atkins for the summer since i had such sucess with it after my 3rd baby was born-maybe to due to the stirctiness of if-pretty sure that is what i need. anyhow looking for buddies for support who are doing atkins..anyone out there?

Replies

• cjfoster
    cjfoster Posts: 36
    Options
    I usually drink and atkins shake in the am because I know I must have breakfast and it's a good compromise since I'm not a breakfast person. I also sub for lunch when I am really not hungry to eat my salad. If I get home in the evening and it's late and I'm still hungry I may do a shake or bar before working out. In general, Atkins is a meal replacement at least 5-6 times a week. Drinking lots of water curbs appetite but I know I need the fuel to workout. Hope this helps.
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm an Atkins girl. I love this way of life. :happy:
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Dukan, which is similar.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    So like with Atkins, do you still calorie count or does the restricted carbs intake make you not absorb calories?
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    I am, feel free to add me. My losses have been great so far.

You count carbs instead of calories. I'm sort of counting calories as well since I need to track my carb intake anyway but I can eat almost twice as many cals to lose the same amount of weight now.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am on a low carb diet but way I did it was when I set my goals on MFP, I used the cutom feature and dialed down my carbs to 35 percent of normal. Its kind of an real easy way to do a low carb diet.
  • Flossycat100
    Flossycat100 Posts: 103
    Options
    I did the same as Seadog and just tweaked my carb and protein ratios a little whilst still watching those calories. Worked for me and is giving me a more balanced diet which I am very comfortable doing.
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am on a low carb diet but way I did it was when I set my goals on MFP, I used the cutom feature and dialed down my carbs to 35 percent of normal. Its kind of an real easy way to do a low carb diet.

wow you look great!!
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
  • cjfoster
    cjfoster Posts: 36
    Options
    I still calorie count because I only use atkins as a meal substitute
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    l