INSANITY Program

Options
Hi,

Is there anyone out there doing INSANITY?? My husband and I started on May 30th and did a little 2 wk trial to see if we could do it. So, we technically REALLY started on the 20th of June - as far as following the calender. We've gone through the 2nd Fit Test and my numbers all went up (they REALLY went up from when we did it in May!) so this is VERY exciting. But I'm not losing ANYTHING!!! Now, my husband, he is, but I'm not. I eat really well and can't figure this out.

SO, if you are doing it, are you doing any other exercise with it? I'm thinking of going back to the gym a few days a week in addition to it. Any thoughts? I heard that its the 2nd phase that you really notice, and I sure hope so, because I notice virtually NOTHING! No change in the way my clothes fit or anything. Oh and its very rare that I stop or don't do an exercise - I make it through the program!

HELP!!!!!

Thanks

Laura :)
sambustem

Replies

• cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am not doing it now, but I am a graduate. I didn't lose a lot of lbs, but I did lose a ton of inches. I think when I was done I lost 13lbs and 25.25 inches!! So make sure you take measurements as you go. I did them at every fit test!! You will definitely see a difference when Month 2 rolls around!! Good luck!!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I am in week 2- and I also jog and bicycle one or the other everyday- I havent really noticed anything significant other than sore legs. LOL and I feel a lot more toned. slight wt loss- but I have upped my cals and changed my protein to 40%--havent perfected it yet but trying.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • freyonia
    freyonia Posts: 1
    Options
    If you are building muscle, it may take you longer to see the effects because muscle weighs more than fat. I have the program, but as of yet I have been unable to complete it. I downgraded to Billy Blanks and tae bo cardio. The cardio workouts are really working for me.
  • zazoo11687
    Options
    I have tried it and i noticed much more change in the second phase. But over all watch your net calories. If your eating a lot more because your working out you wont lose as much weight. Im in phase 3 of p90x and i have found that i am eating WAY more to give myself energy to work out... but im not trying to lose that much weight.
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Calories In vs. Calories Out

Make sure you aren't eating too many, but make sure you're eating enough. I'd say eat to your caloric goal, and half of your workout calories. You don't want to eat too few calories on that program, because you definitely need the fuel.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I am doing an Insanity/P90X combo. I just finished up my 1st round of the program. I like the cardio you get with Insanity, but also love the weight program with P90X so why not do both. I was doing 2 days of Insanity, and 3 Days of P90X with my other stuff on the weekends if I can fit it in. I am currently in my rest week. Next go round I am going to kick up cardio by doing 3 days of Insanity and 2 days of P90X.

Here is my schedule that I have created:

Week 1 & 3

1. Insanity Max Interval Plyo
    2. P90X Chest & Shoulders/Insanity Cardio Abs
    3. Insane Abs/P90X Ab Ripper
    4. P90X Back & Biceps/Insanity Cardio Abs
    5. Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning
    6. Yoga/X-Stretch
    7. Rest or X-Stretch

Week 2 & 4

1. Insanity Max Interval Circuit
    2. P90X Shoulders & Arms
    3. Insanity Insane Abs/P90X Ab Ripper
    4. P90X Chest & Back/Insanity Cardio Abs
    6. Yoga/X-Stretch
    7. Rest or X-Stretch

Week 5 (Rest Week)

1. Insanity Core Cardio & Balance
    2. P90X Core Synergistics
    3. Max Interval Sports Training
    4. Insanity Max Recovery
    5. P90X Kenpo-X
    6. Yoga/X-Stretch
    7. Rest or X-Stretch

Then do it over or change it up if needed.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I am doing an Insanity/P90X combo. I just finished up my 1st round of the program. I like the cardio you get with Insanity, but also love the weight program with P90X so why not do both. I was doing 2 days of Insanity, and 3 Days of P90X with my other stuff on the weekends if I can fit it in. I am currently in my rest week. Next go round I am going to kick up cardio by doing 3 days of Insanity and 2 days of P90X.

Week 1 & 3

6. Yoga/X-Stretch
    7. Rest or X-Stretch

Week 2 & 4

2. P90X Shoulders & Arms
    6. Yoga/X-Stretch
    7. Rest or X-Stretch

Week 5 (Rest Week)

4. Insanity Max Recovery
    5. P90X Kenpo-X
    6. Yoga/X-Stretch
    7. Rest or X-Stretch

awesome--I am exhausted :yawn: just reading your workout---:bigsmile: keep up the good work
  • sambustem
    sambustem Posts: 83
    Options
    Hey,

Week 1 & 3

6. Yoga/X-Stretch
    7. Rest or X-Stretch

Week 2 & 4

2. P90X Shoulders & Arms
    6. Yoga/X-Stretch
    7. Rest or X-Stretch

Week 5 (Rest Week)

4. Insanity Max Recovery
    5. P90X Kenpo-X
    6. Yoga/X-Stretch
    7. Rest or X-Stretch

WOW!!!! I'm VERY impressed!!! What kind of results have you had doing this?? My husband is really interested in P90X - I'm just worried because I couldn't do a pull up to save my life!!! I LOVE weight training though and have done it for years (even at one time trained to power lift - but blew out a disc in my back). After we finish Insanity, I might try something like what you have!! Thanks for the input!!