Re-introducing myself

Options
N8r8r
N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
Hello, Fellow calorie counters out there. I thought I'd take a little time to re-introduce myself to the community.

Weight loss has been an on-off struggle for me since my early teens. In high school, I was about 150 pounds and in the best shape of my life. Over the years, the weight slowly started to creep up on me; mostly due to inactivity and piss poor food choices. I'm currently at 241 pounds (ouch) trying to get back to some resemblance of my old body back.

My biggest trouble area is my stomach and chest. I try to laugh it off usually as a "protective covering for my rock hard abs" but, who am I kidding. I got a gut. It's disgusting, and if I could just get rid of it, I would be elated.

It would be nice to have a few friends on here that would be good for support. I don't need someone who's already at their goal because I'd like to be on this trip together with them, but I'm not super picky as long as you're active on the app and don't just care about yourself (harsh words, but unfortunately necessary).

So, Hi again MFP. Hope that everyone's weight loss is going in the right direction and if you're needing a friend, consider giving me a try. <3

Replies

• gunboatwillie
    gunboatwillie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat. I was in really good shape in high school but as soon as I started nursing school(late hours, vending machines lunches, no time for working out) the weight crept back up. I'm tired of being the chubby nurse. My problem is my stomach and arms. Sending you a request
  • Lauriebarr1961
    Lauriebarr1961 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined MFP in March at 325 lbs and lost about 12 lbs then laid off lol. Started back on another online site at the end of July at 315 and now have started back here a few days ago. I'm down to 279 this morning and so down 46 lbs from when I started here in March! But really just down 36 lbs since the end of July when I got back on program. We can do this! Congrats on getting started!