Luke Cage

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
It came out on NETFLIX yesterday and if you liked the Jessica Jones and Daredevil series, this one ought to be right up there. Watched the first episode already and like that they aren't rushing the pace and letting the character develop. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• Died95
    Died95 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • Somebrina
    Somebrina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I watched it over the weekend. I liked Jessica Jones, but Luke Cage is so much better. Better written, better storyline, great acting. Sweet Christmas!!
  • benchsquad65
    benchsquad65 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A few episodes in. Definitely not rushing it, Luke Cage is likeable. I still find it hypocritical the amount N bomb they drop but refuse to drop an f bomb or show nudity.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    A few episodes in. Definitely not rushing it, Luke Cage is likeable. I still find it hypocritical the amount N bomb they drop but refuse to drop an f bomb or show nudity.
    There is some near nudity in it, but the storyline is strong and I really haven't even notice the lack of profanity in the series. The rapper at the beginning of episode 5 was dope though.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I started watching this last night. It's good but I wonder how long I'll stay interested. I tend to like watching a hero develop but once they're done becoming the super hero I get bored quick.
  • ArmsandCharms
    ArmsandCharms Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize they were doing a spin off! That's exciting. Will have to watch.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Pretty interesting. At first I was like, where's the action? Then after a few episodes I got used to the pace of the storytelling and actually appreciated it more.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Watched the first 2 episodes so far. Definitely taking a while to get started. We'll see.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I like it so far, but I didn't like that it doesn't have any Jessica Jones carryover yet, like she isn't even mentioned. I also hope they get deeper into his backstory, and explain what happened and how he came to be, and why he was in prison.

I am glad this was released when it was because I just finished all available episodes of Fairy Tale and was needing something new, since I'm also finished with Dare Devil and Jessica Jones.
  • KrazyLeeLee
    KrazyLeeLee Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    I'm very into this one I'll have season one watched by the end of the week
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    I like it so far, but I didn't like that it doesn't have any Jessica Jones carryover yet, like she isn't even mentioned. I also hope they get deeper into his backstory, and explain what happened and how he came to be, and why he was in prison.

I am glad this was released when it was because I just finished all available episodes of Fairy Tale and was needing something new, since I'm also finished with Dare Devil and Jessica Jones.

There's no Jessica Jones carryover. However, she is mentionned a few times, along with hell's kitchen and the nurse from jessica jones (rosario dawson) came in by episode 6. Later on, they do go deeper in his backstory, about what happened to him, and even to his wife. Apparently, there was someone else behind his wife's death other than jessica jones and Kilgrave.

Trust me, the plot thickens as you get further into the season. It's a slow buildup, but really well worth it.
  • Raynne413
    Options

There's no Jessica Jones carryover. However, she is mentionned a few times, along with hell's kitchen and the nurse from jessica jones (rosario dawson) came in by episode 6. Later on, they do go deeper in his backstory, about what happened to him, and even to his wife. Apparently, there was someone else behind his wife's death other than jessica jones and Kilgrave.

Trust me, the plot thickens as you get further into the season. It's a slow buildup, but really well worth it.

Yep! Wouldn't you know, as soon as I said this, the next episode I watch has the story about him being in jail? LOL I was SO glad that officer got killed. They did a good job making you hate him. I think I dislike him more than Cottonmouth. LOL Actually, I think the actor that is playing Cottonmouth is amazing.

And in the same episode Claire shows up. I really like her character. I know they are planning on eventually doing an episode with everyone together, so I wonder if that is why they are trying not to do too much carryover from one to the other?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    I started watching this last night. It's good but I wonder how long I'll stay interested. I tend to like watching a hero develop but once they're done becoming the super hero I get bored quick.
    Thing is, in this series he never considers himself a hero. The storyline is really good in this one.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options

His background is revealed and how he actually attained his powers. From a comic book fan view, the storyline is pretty much intact with the comic book with a few adjustments.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    edited October 2016
    Options

Yep! Wouldn't you know, as soon as I said this, the next episode I watch has the story about him being in jail? LOL I was SO glad that officer got killed. They did a good job making you hate him. I think I dislike him more than Cottonmouth. LOL Actually, I think the actor that is playing Cottonmouth is amazing.

And in the same episode Claire shows up. I really like her character. I know they are planning on eventually doing an episode with everyone together, so I wonder if that is why they are trying not to do too much carryover from one to the other?
    That's why Marvel's been successful. They introduce characters and their backgrounds before making them to into a team. The future holds the team of the "Defenders". But that isn't going to happen until IRON FIST is introduced. Oh, and the PUNISHER series in November. Liking what NETFLIX is doing here.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

She's mentioned as the 'rebound who shot a gun in his chin' in episode 1.

I'm on episode 3, but got the bad habit of falling asleep in the middle of every episode so far (we're just watching too late I guess). So it will take a while to finish it (plus our other shows are coming back as well).

Ironfist is coming on March 17, btw.
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

She's mentioned as the 'rebound who shot a gun in his chin' in episode 1.

Ironfist is coming on March 17, btw.

That part really bothered, because for Jessica jones, it was more than a rebound. She truly cared about him. She even mentioned it when she said she would protect the two people she cares about.
  • Raynne413
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

That's why Marvel's been successful. They introduce characters and their backgrounds before making them to into a team. The future holds the team of the "Defenders". But that isn't going to happen until IRON FIST is introduced. Oh, and the PUNISHER series in November. Liking what NETFLIX is doing here.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Yeah, I am really looking forward to all of the different series. But it is KILLING me to wait for the shows to continue while they work on other series. Just like their anime shows. They are so behind on those. I went on to Crunchy Roll to continue, but having to watch the commercials is driving me nuts. :smiley: