I can't hit my macros!!!

Options
Hey guys, if any of you are familiar with following your MACROS, the problem I am having right now it is that I am not fully hitting them. It's almost too much food! Any suggestions on how to sqeeze them in??

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    How can you tell? I looked at your diary and found very little information to go by. How closely are you tracking? That said: don't over think it. Fuel your body, eat nutritious foods. Get some protein, some fat, and some carbs.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    What are your macros and which one(s) are you having difficulty hitting? I find that if I focus on getting enough protein, the carbs & fat take care of themselves.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    The group I follow on facebook says when you are first starting focus on your protein first. Try hitting that for a while and then you will ease into it. I am just learning myself but here is the link to the group and it's so awesome.

https://facebook.com/groups/iifymwomenexclusive2/
  • creatrixbeatrix
    creatrixbeatrix Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried and failed at IIFYM, but learned a trick along the way: stir protein powder into Greek yogurt for a boost. Use full fat if you need fat, or nonfat if you don't.
  • KaitlynnWynell
    KaitlynnWynell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How can you tell? I looked at your diary and found very little information to go by. How closely are you tracking? That said: don't over think it. Fuel your body, eat nutritious foods. Get some protein, some fat, and some carbs.

Hey! I've been working day and night so i track them in my notebook alot of days!
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Liquid calories help. What macros are you coming up short on?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Most of the problems people have is firstly knowing what macros you must hit.

Body weight and body fat percentage?
    Are you cutting, maintaining, or bulking?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What are you aiming for and what are you getting?

It sounds from your post that the issue is with calories, not macros.
  • jnlamppert
    jnlamppert Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I plan out all my meals the night before - this way I know I have a balance between my proteins, carbs, and fats in my meals and I'm eating them during the time of day I want to eat them. Then if something comes up mid-day and you want to make a switch, it's easy to do that without throwing off the overall balance.

If you're having trouble making yourself eat that much food, I suggest working out if you aren't already. It will boost your metabolism and keep you hungrier than you're used to. Feel free to take a look in my diary if you're looking for meal ideas and how I plan out my macros for the next day!