the days I feel like an elephant

Options
So far I have lost a little over 65 lbs,it would have been 70 lbs but I gained about 10 lbs back in 4 days last week and am working it off again...Well anyways today on my weigh in I didn't get to see the result I had wished for, the result I have busted my behind yesterday and the day before and the day before that and the (you get the picture )off...and on days like these I feel like an elephant and I fall into this emotional hole and all I want to do is hide under my blanket and guess what EAT...If you have days like these, how do you get through it without munching on everything you have in the fridge? Due to being a military wife and being away from all my friends and fam I don't really have a support system close by and my hubby is on a field rotation right now, so he is not here either......I would love to just get out of the house and run, but with 3 little kids and no one to watch them, nothing I can really do. (the few wives I know here are visiting family due to our guys are not being here)...don't get me wrong, this is not supposed to be a pity party for me, I truly am open and in need of suggestions and help.

Replies

• AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Gain an attitude. Kick your sedentary side in the *kitten*. lol. Try to get your kids involved in what you do. Play with them, soccor or take them on walks or runs with you. Get a Wii, exercise with the Wii fit. You've lost so much, don't feel discouraged. Finish strong! As a military wife, you are predispositioned to be awesome at anything you want to accomplish!
  • amelbo
    amelbo Posts: 8
    Options
    My hubby is deployed and I have 2 little kids also. On the days I don't have care for them or can't get them to cooperate to get to the gym, I plop them in front of a movie on the laptop while I do some Exercise TV on demand on the TV. I like Jillian Michaels. Doing those don't make me feel as accomplished as a real trip to the gym, but it makes me feel like I've at least done something and gotten a little exercise in. I get interrupted a lot by the kids, but I just get right back to it!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    This is why work out dvd's were created... for people who don't have the ability to leave and work out.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Girl the best thing you can do is just find something positive to do. And I agree with the others, getting the kids involved in the exercise sounds like a great idea, whatever you can do. I know you have the baby at home too so that can be difficult but I'm sure you'll work something out. We all have those days when we just want to eat... and sometimes, we all probably do give in, but we can't beat ourselves up about it, we just have to keep moving forward. Finding low calorie healthier snacks for those days when you do want to binge will help a lot as well. Better to consume a couple hundred extra than a couple thousand.
  • Meyra77
    Meyra77 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks ladies, yeah, usually I get my kids to go for walks with me or go swimming. They are 6, 4 and my youngest is 8 months old. They are usually not the problem....getting tired of the elliptical and getting frustrated with not "losing fast enough" is. Like I said it is days like today that get to me. But you are right a kick in my sedentary side is what I need! I mean I didn't gain all that weight in one day, so why lose it in one? right! Once again, thanks ladies. It does help to hear from people who are pretty much in the same boat ;)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    on days you want to eat yourself out of house and home (that old behaviour you are trying to kick) as your reaction to being disappointed on the scale... just remind yourself... THAT is the type of behaviour that got you into this spot in the first place *S*
    Do you really want to stay fat?

(that's what i tell myself *S*)

this journey requires patience *S*

when things are slower results than you'd like. just take a deep breath and persevere... it WILL come off.
    Use that time to double check to make sure you are getting enough water, your sodium is not going overboard, you ARE getting lots of veg and a lil fruit too, you are not drinking your calories, lotsa healthy whole grain products (not 'white' foods)... etc etc etc *S*
    if you are doing all that, eating your exercise calories faithfully.. you WILL lose.

It just takes patience.. and perseverance *S*