Mother-in-Law Sabotage?

Options
2»

Replies

• MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    She was so desperate to have it all, mail it back to her.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

postage due, of course :wink:
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

postage due, of course :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • katyrose221
    katyrose221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! My husband put a stop to me throwing it out or giving it away (he wants to and is eating it), but just writing my rant helped me focus my energy and I have been able to resist all the goodies. Still having withdrawal cravings again (which I now realize I hadn't had a craving for sugary goods in ages, until this slip), but have been drinking water every time I get one.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Throw it out. In the future ask why type of snacks she'd like in the house before she gets there and then purchase a minimum in advance just for her.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It's probably tough to hear but I have to agree with those that say you only allowed her to sabotage you. Next time, speak up and say - ok, I don't mind if you buy a few things but I don't want all these leftover around when you go home. How about just one carton of ice cream and one box of cookies. If you want more, we can always come back to the store.

Also, next time, have a big old heart-to-heart with yourself beforehand because she might not follow through with your request and she may just buy whatever the hell she wants. You are the only one in charge of how you act, no one else...

And I know of what I speak - i went on vacation last year with the rest of my family who are HUGE junk eaters. My aunt even said "that's no FUN" when I suggested we try to stay away from all the crap that's usually around when we get together. That just blew my mind...what the heck does eating ice cream have to do with having fun? My idea of having fun is sitting around the table playing card games, sharing stories and laughing. An ice cream cone will only last a few minutes, an afternoon of making memories lasts a lifetime!
    Anyway, I somehow managed to eat pretty decently all week even with the temptations, got some activity in every day lost 2 pounds!!! It is possible!!!
  • gweid
    gweid Posts: 6
    Options
    My mom will bring three deserts for a weekend for just her, me and her husband. I finally told her just not to bring anything and I would handle the food. I hope it's not sabotage either, but she does it even when she knows both me and my husband are trying to lose weight. I would suggest just putting up with it and throwing it away when she leaves.
  • gweid
    gweid Posts: 6
    Options
    I always think "It will go to waste in the trash or in my body" and that helps me to just throw the junk food away