Using my fitness pal for 3.5 years lost 168 lbs and kept it off

Options
9oc0u5x2722b.jpg

I was a 3 sport athlete, wrestler ect. At 38 I decided to get to 200 lbs for my family and for me. I was 368 lbs in this picture, HUGE fatty.My fear was not losing the weight it was keeping it off which meant my lifestyle needed to change forever. Drug addicts get treated better than fat people, I would see people watching me eat with disgust, I was not without manners, it was a preconceived notion I was a pig. Folks did not know what I've done in sport and accomplished in life, however it takes a certain amount of self loathing to get to that weight. So I got addicted to the app and tracking weight with a Withings scale and Withings pedometer, hugely. The reason it works is because you pay your dues if you cheat, you can't hide. I lost 182 lbs felt too skinny and put on 20 and maintained 200lbs for over 3 years took 2 years to do. That's me
Today. I understand the total humiliation of shopping at the Xl stores, not fitting in an airline seat, breaking chairs. One time I was getting my tires changed and a service rep asked the tech within my presence how things were coming. He asked for who and the rep replied the fat guy in front of me. It was a reality check because I didn't see my self that way, I had the Shallow Hal effect going on. How I got fat, Xbox sedentary lifestyle with having 6 kids only difference was my wife lost the weight I didn't.

I thought I ate well, I used this app and found out the Applebees salads I was eating 1600 calorie salads, that was the moment. I never assumed anything was healthy unless I could qualify the impact on my body.

Keep it off, don't east past 7:00. Netflix and chill with just the movie no food.

If you are an alcoholic you have a disease if your fat you are a lazy slob, and it's accepted. If you have the mentality that it's ok to cheat and you will make it up, you won't succeed. Drug addicts relapse, with obesity you look in the mirror and one day you wake up fat.

r5ulqj5968hc.jpg

Replies

• Angien75
    Angien75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Way to go! And, I agree. I hate that people "think" they know why we are fat :/
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You were a good looking guy then & now you are an awesome looking guy! Good job! Lots of ppl are insulin resistant and don't know it - that is why they are fat. I also hate it when ppl look at a fat person and they think they are "stoopid" I have a few diplomas, two university degrees, studied Classical Greek, Hebrew, Russian etc at a university level but I get that "you are a fat stupid old lady" look (sometimes) it usually disappears when I start speaking but it irks me...
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job, and bravo on keeping it off. Your tire story reminded me of mine: I was getting into the backseat of a car when the owner asked me to please sit in the middle so I didn't pop the tires. She wasn't joking. Ouch.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done.
  • FitChick_42
    FitChick_42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Gotten any modeling contracts yet? :wink: you look amazing, hats off to your success!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your persistence paid off. Good for you.
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look great bro and have a beautiful wife! You're an inspiration!
  • bigeyd
    bigeyd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ..Congratulations on your success