New and Looking For Guidence To Keep Goals

Options
My name is Brianna.
I work 2 part time fast food jobs.
I'm currently taking medication and it has resulted in weight gain. I have gained 6+ pounds over the past 2 months. I'm not comfortable where I'm at but every time I try to work out or eat health I always lose confidence and steam. I'm afraid of going to the gym and when I do go I stay on the treadmill because I don't know how to workout. Please help. Thank you.

Replies

• Dokota2021
    Dokota2021 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Brianna, phew--kudos to you for gaining ONLY 6 lbs while working in fast food. I would probably gain 20! You have to start your weight loss journey by not being so hard on yourself. Do some positive talks (I like to do mine when I'm alone in the shower). You can start with "you" statements (i.e. "You are beautiful. You are strong. You are capable. You are smart.") and then eventually turn them into "I" statements ("I am beautiful. I am strong...etc.) when you are ready.

Also try to find a workout buddy. It's much easier to stay focused when you aren't doing it alone. If you can, maybe look into fun workout classes to get you started. Kickboxing, pole fitness, Zumba are all cool and fun workouts and great places to meet others who are trying to get fit. See the beauty in those around you, regardless of their body type (sometimes it's easy to get jealous, trust me!) and use their story as your inspiration.

You got this! Keep pushing and love yourself even when you fall off. It's all part of the journey. Take care.
  • atyrone
    atyrone Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I remeber my first day in gym,clueless on what to do!
  • 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The gym is not as scary as it first appears. Most gyms ANYONE on any machine will help.... and if you're still uncomfortable asking just watch staying there watch what they do