What do you wear under?...ladies only

Options
lcnelson
lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
HI all. I have done a search on this topic and not found too much info. I want to know what you wear as far as underclothes to run in? I get the whole 'commando' thing and that would be fine if I was wearing the skin tight underarmour, but I don't. I wear dri fit jogging pants that are somewhat loose until I get soaking wet and then they cling. Hense the problem of undies chafing. I have always been a 100% cotton girl and get why that can be a bad thing. Suggestions, advice....
What do you wear?

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    a cotton thong. Just because i always get a wedgie if i run wearing normal knickers. I dont actually like thongs any other time
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When running I wear the running shorts with the built in underwear. When doing other stuff like yoga or strength training I just wear the black tight cropped leggings with no underwear. I basically never wear underwear when exercising, but this only works if the article of clothing was designed for it, otherwise you'll get ride up issues.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thongs all the way unless I am wearing skin tight running gear then its commando..
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    A g-string....ALWAYS! I never have to worry about getting a "wedgie" while I run!
  • mrsdiaz
    mrsdiaz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Definitely a thong ... that's where the other stuff ends up anyways...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've recently found running shorts with built in panties so I've been wearing them with nothing else underneath. I have two pair from Old Navy and another that are Adidas (which I bought at Costco and has a matching top). Love both brands. They are comfy and keep pretty cool. The panty seems to keep the shorts themselves from clinging, too, although I'm still getting used to the full panty clinging a bit because I normally wear thongs.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I wear a cotton thong. I've been running for 15 years and never had a problem!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    A g-string....ALWAYS! I never have to worry about getting a "wedgie" while I run!

I need to try that. Seriously, running wedgies suck big time.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I wear underpants--except biking then I wear padded underpants. the whole thong commando thing--not hapening--:noway: to OLD!!!:laugh:
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just a pair of briefs that fits well, made of whatever synthetic fabrics La Senza uses. They've seen me through kickboxing, cycling and weightlifting. The elasticated synthetics seem to cling better and shift less than natural fabrics.

I have a few pairs of "invisible" no-VPL knickers that work pretty well, but they have to fit properly - I exercised in a pair that was (at the time) a bit too tight around the thighs... OMG chafing!

Although I tend to wear boy-shorts and men's boxers quite a lot of the time, I don't usually wear them for exercise, mostly because I prefer working out in wicking leggings and boxers can feel a bit bulky underneath.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I wear comfy cotton undies and those compression shorts. They USED to be tight :)
    I like them because they keep everything in place and I dont worry about things sticking into places lol
  • JezebelGL
    JezebelGL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    running shorts with the built in butt huggers! they also make chaffing lube that helps a lot. my hubby uses it for cycling as well.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I cannot wear a thong when working out, it ends up where it shouldn't. I would rather have a minor wedgie, than wear a thong!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I used to wear seamless panities from target and now I either wear those or a thong or a g string . . . I just can't bring myself to go commando.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I wear a good running bra (freya underwired or shock absorber), and for running X-bionics http://www.wiggle.co.uk/x-bionic-ladies-brief/ for aerobics USA pro briefs.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    running shorts by under armor that have built in underwear..I think I'm addicted to mine!

Otherwise I just wear normal underwear... Victorias Secret makes underwear that is seamless and doesn't slide around.. i have a pair and they expensive but nice. I think it's called bare ultimate or something and is around 12 dollars not on sale.
  • sweetrachie
    Options
    I have never tried this but thought if your issue is chaffing (like at the top of your thigh) you might try wearing your normal undies and also a tight cotton short, like the little booty shorts that volleyball players wear or even men's boxer briefs.... just a suggestion :)
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    i wear a workout thong from moving comfort. its made of that moisture-wicking material and is fantastic!

(when i got out for a long run - over an hour - i use compression shorts instead)
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Well the thongs win! I have been wearing them and really noticed no problems until about a month ago. I am thinking it is a combo of them being too big now and the fact I am soaking wet due to the heat. Maybe not a good combination:)
    So it sounds like a smaller size and I never thought about the cream to dissuade chafing....excellent idea!

Thanks all!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't know how anyone can wear a thong, they feel like you have a permanent wedgie. I would spend the whole run trying to pick them out of my backside.