Dairy free/gluten free recipes!

Options
MegNoel
MegNoel Posts: 6 Member
I would love for everyone to share their dairy free/gluten free slow cooker recipes.

We recently found out my fiancé is allergic to dairy and gluten and trying to find lots of healthy recipes I can make in the crockpot or quick meals to make when I come home from work for us.

Any recipes anyone can share would be lovely!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Gluten is sneaky. Celiacs are given training where to look for hidden gluten.

When you have a forbidden list you can start looking for recipes.

Many soups and stews use flour for thickening. You may substitute cornstarch straight across with only a minor change in texture. (The sauce will not be as cloudy).
  • laurelisme
    laurelisme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too. Recently did a roast with just meat, veggies and seasonings and a little broth.
  • nikjerles3415
    nikjerles3415 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Shredded chicken tacos or fish tacos on corn tortillas,
    Fajitas, fried rice, stuffed cabbage, stuffed peppers, bean tostadas on corn tortillas, white wine chicken, stuffed mushrooms, lettuce wraps for burgers or sandwhiches,
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    google paleo or whole30 recipes, I bet theres a lot of blogs out there
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Chili, made with Bush's Best brand beans. Tacos (minus dairy cheese and sour cream). My hubby and daughter have Celiac, so everything in our house is GF. We do eat dairy, though. I like to make a pulled pork. Look on Allrecipes.com for Sarge's Pulled park. Add a tsp of liquid smoke and your favorite BBQ sauce. So good. Pot Roast or Brisket with carrots, onions, potatoes and celery also very good. There's all sorts of soups you can do.
  • jenc1976
    jenc1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Essentially eating gluten and dairy free leads to eating more no nonsense meals I think! Think veggies with no sauce, roasted, steamed or simply sautéed. And meat, easily prepared. If you absolutely need an added starch, rice, quinoa, Or potatoes. There are a lot of great paleo websites that have a ton of recipes. Good luck!
  • deeyanlis
    deeyanlis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you still looking because this is an old post but in case someone is..I dont have a specific recipe but here is a great resource. You can find good recipes at godairyfree
    https://godairyfree.org/ask-alisa/ask-alisa-i-have-to-go-dairy-free-and-gluten-free-where-do-i-start