New Breakfast Ideas with High Protein: No Eggs!

Options
Hey! Im looking for new breakfast recipes that include high protein as well as the calories. I searched the internet but many dont provide the calories. Would anyone mind sharing their favorite high protein breakfast without Eggs? Im getting tired of eating them....that and cottage cheese is now making me gag....lol.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast in a wrap :)
    Think outside the box.....'traditional' breakfast food doesn't have to be eaten at breakfast and foods that would normally be considered lunch or dinner can be eaten in the am
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yep, non breakfast food. Have some chicken (or many other things).
  • ginger0814
    ginger0814 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have non fat greek yogurt with fruit and a small amount of stevia, it has a high amount of protein and it keeps you full
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If you need high protein high calorie add fat too. To find out the calories make the food up as a recipe here on MFP.

Greek yogurt is high in protein. Since you want high calorie too, get the full fat Greek yogurt.

Ham steak with beans.

Full fat milk, some ice cubes with a banana to thicken and whey protein powder as a morning shake.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I typically eat things like Greek yogurt, granola bar, dinner leftovers, fruit, sandwich, or cottage cheese for breakfast.
    You don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast.
    Meat, seafood, beans, tofu, etc.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    On occasion I'll do oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder. I've never been a huge fan of oatmeal (always thought it was kind of bland), but with the powder I use it gives it a pretty chocolaty taste.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I find that protein pancakes are always an easy, high calorie meal. You can make them lighter, or if you're adding butter or maragarine, maple syrup, and other toppings, it adds up quickly.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If you need the calories, add some fat...EZPZ

Grilled trout with an avocado with roasted potatoes...
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I typically have non fat vanilla greek yogurt with strawberries, bananas and peanut butter drizzled on top.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Kodiak Power Cakes have 14g protein @ 200 cals. You can increase the protein by making with milk or Greek yogurt (or the eggs for those who like them).
    I make a refrigerator oats variation that runs 250-300 cals with about 20-25g protein. I use 200g plain Greek yogurt, 30g muesli, 100g fresh or frozen fruit (berries & cherries work great because no cutting needed). Add sweetener of choice and vanilla or other flavored extracts to taste.
  • moiselleg
    moiselleg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try oatmeal with chocolate peanut butter this has lots of good carbs and protein.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes

2 scoops vanilla whey
    1/4 cup coconut flour
    2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 cup egg whites
    Just a little cashew milk
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with protein powder.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Steak, chicken, turkey, etc. with some fresh fruit. A protein shake with fruit added and maybe some peanut butter.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Bagel with ham and cheese. Warm it up in a George Foreman
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Smoothies for me. Been around a month on them and not tired of them yet. You have an almost infinite amount of combos. I have Hawaiian day with mango pinnaple, Strawberry banana and Peanut Butter Chocolate are my current three favorites.