Good female work outs from home? Cardio and toning

Options
Does anyone know of any good female work outs to do from home? I'm a mum of 2 and like to work out from home as it's easier to fit in.
I'm looking for work outs that include both cardio and toning?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    C25K and NROL4W
  • littefish2018
    littefish2018 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been waiting for someone to ask this so I didn't feel like I was shoveling her down anyone's throat but check out BOHO BEAUTIFUL's channel on youtube. So amazing. I've lost 10lbs and gotten super fit doing her pilates, yoga and cardio
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    Google Jillian Michaels. She is amazing herself, but if you don't like her workouts (Can't beat 30 day shred to start), that search will take you to other bootcamp-style workouts. I have never liked any workout as much. Includes bodyweight exercises and cardio.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I started out with Insanity dvds but branched out on my own for about 5 months now. I have stairs in my apartment and I run up and down those, jumping jacks, planks, body weight moves in general. A medium resistance band for toning. On Fridays I squat with my bf's 25lb weights. I've seen results! I'm not going to get shredded on this but I'm regular person fit(toned) now! It's totally doable and I'm dripping in sweat after 20 minutes. (go until you can't go anymore!). But Insanity is a good workout!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Xfit Rebecca Louise
    Fitness blender
    Popsugar
    Toneitup
    Jessica smith
    Women's workout channel
    Denise Austin
    Katie Austin
    Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds
    Beachbody workouts
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith TV on youtube
  • Greyspectre
    Greyspectre Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Personally I think the reddit body weight fitness program (link here) works great as it can all be done at home in your living room with almost no equipment and it builds a good strength base. It doesn't take too much time, 45-60 minutes 3 days a week. Combine it with some light jogging on the off days and you have a great routine that can be done from home that works both strength and cardio.

"Toning" is a rather meaningless term. Being toned is a combination of having muscle mass and low body fat percentage. There is no specific exercise that will get you a "toned" look. It is a combination of strength training and watching your calorie intake to lower your body fat percentage.

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves had an alright 12 week lifting program
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    The following has all worked very well for me while I was losing 80 pounds and keeping it off for over 3 and a half years so far:
    • Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVD's
    • Jessica Smith on Youtube
    • Fitness Blender on Youtube
    • Beachbody workouts (Chalean Extreme, Body Beast and Hammer & Chisel)
    • Cathe Friedrich series (X-train, Slow and Heavy, STS and Low Impact/High Intensity)

I also enjoy going on a good fast powerwalk on a beautiful trail 4 - 5 days a week.

Good luck!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is my favourite though I do random Youtube searches now and again for something different.

You don't need to train any differently to men so don't be put off if it's a male instructor.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The firm, Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, turbo jam, hip hop abs, Cathe...
  • GameOfPounds
    GameOfPounds Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love the pop sugar videos! They have 10-20 minute workouts and I do 2 or 3 of each! One circuit,one cardio and one focused strength video every other day and it works for me. Definitely give it a try.
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    "Toning" is a rather meaningless term. Being toned is a combination of having muscle mass and low body fat percentage. There is no specific exercise that will get you a "toned" look. It is a combination of strength training and watching your calorie intake to lower your body fat percentage.

QFT. "Toned" = being able to see your muscles. Either you need to lose fat to see those muscles, or you need to make your muscles bigger. Ya can't really tone a muscle. It is toned.

+1 Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. +1 Insanity - it's much more intense, but I sweat SO MUCH and became so strong in just two-three weeks of doing it.

• BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I did P90X3, and loved it. It's the 30 minute version if P90X. lost 30 lbs over the 90 days. Keep in mind I had to change my diet as well to lose that weight. It really helped make me fit and strong. I ended up adding in 1 day of running per week after 60 days into the program, and I was able to run 3 miles without stopping or slowing down to walk the 1st time I tried running. I was shocked. Anyway, I would highly recommend it.
  • sadiepie05
    sadiepie05 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bikini Body Mommy. She's on YouTube. She has good short workouts.
  • jennbabii24
    jennbabii24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    blogilates with Cassie ho I hate working out but she makes it fun and gives you an app and interactive calendar each month to work on your whole body.
  • fitmom2five
    fitmom2five Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels!! 30 Day Shred is great, Ripped in 30 is better in my opinion. Her BodyShred program is amazing also, but it's a bit more intense and should probably be done after you master the other two.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Litealloy.com if you're short on time
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Combat is one of my favorites!!!