Need healthy snack ideas

Options
goMeelah
goMeelah Posts: 11 Member
I need help with snack ideas, something healthy, but will fill me up. It seems like I'm starving after I eat a meal.

Replies

• PattyFishback
    PattyFishback Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hummus w/half a whole wheat pita toasted.
    Corn tortilla cut & toasted for homemade chips w/garden salsa
    Fiber one 90 cal bars
    Cucumbers or bell peppers w/laughing cow cheese
    Banana slices cut up and sandwiched w/a little peanut butter in between, dipped in semi sweet Choc chips then frozen (one of my faves when I'm craving sweets!)
    Apple "nachos" (cut slices thin & drizzle peanut butter and semi sweet choc chips on top)
    Protein shake w/skim or almond milk- half serving usually filling enough between meals
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Fruit, Nuts (I keep mixed nuts at my desk premeasured in snack size zip lock bags), Chickpeas
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just found Atkins snack bars. I ate one yesterday for the first time and it was delicious. Dark chocolate with cherries and nuts. High protein, low carbs and sugar only 150 calories. It was like a nice sweet treat. I had it with tea for my breakfast, so I know it will for for a snack.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, high in protein and very filling
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Veggies are always a great option, fresh fruit, greek yogurt, jerky, a protein shake
  • Imthempres
    Imthempres Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry, it seems. Lately, I've been drinking more almond milk to stave off hunger pangs. Low in calories, and you can add cinnamon, vanilla extract, and maple syrup or other flavorings. I either make my own or buy unsweetened. Of course, I have other snacks, but this helps me keep the calories down.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fruit is my favorite
  • sewwhatsports
    sewwhatsports Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I roasted broccoli, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Also did cauliflower, half with chili powder and half with Montreal seasoning. Also lo sugar pudding, found some that are only 60 cal. For crunch do the veggies raw and add a lo fat dressing as a dip or hummus.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I make jello with fruit, depending on how big of a serving you want you can go sugar free jello and no sugar added canned fruit. Or just buy fruit cups but I prefer the sugar jello and just a small portion of it. If you want savory I've been on a spaghetti squash kick and just keep some that you've already baked in the fridge. You could probably eat the whole thing and still be good, just some salt and pepper. yum! Or you could add a tablespoon or two of coconut oil to it and fry it in a skillet for a while, also good but the coconut oil raises the calories of course.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I always keep hard oiled eggs in my fridge.
  • hduddy5
    hduddy5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chobani makes delicious dips that I am now obsessed with I eat it with carrots 2 tbsp is 25 calories and it is so so good they have a few favors my fav is chili lime and roasted red pepper (and I don't like roasted red peppers) you can find it near the humus. I use it in place of mayo in a wrap too and on top of grilled chicken such a great versatile item for mfp!!!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    danner83 wrote: »
    I would suggest freezing grapes, yoghurt and sliced bananas etc and sucking on them after a meal. It sounds like you eat a meal but have not given yourself enough time to realise you have eaten enough to feel content. If you suck on something healthy, time will pass, your food will settle and you would not have consumed more unnecessary calories.

Frozen grapes are delicious! I've never considered bananas, though...project!
  • tlovese2016
    tlovese2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry too even after I eat a snack. Its like my stomach doenst get enough..
  • alvarezmilly2
    alvarezmilly2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    goMeelah wrote: »
    I need help with snack ideas, something healthy, but will fill me up. It seems like I'm starving after I eat a meal.

for that sweet tooth !..... i like to buy caramel rice cakes, spread some peanut butter and top with a banana.
    bomb bay !! i munch on rice cakes a lot cause they have no fat :P
  • Starrydance07
    Starrydance07 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    dry okra, no sugar oatcake
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack right now is 4oz canned tuna in water (drained), one Tbsp mayo, 10 whole wheat crackers. Make sure you drink plenty of water. I also eat ideal shape bars 140 calories and 10g protein!
  • vikkihogan
    vikkihogan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love protein waffles... Just protein powder, banana and egg whites. So delicious and sooo filling
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I try to get in at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily. I keep a container of 2-3 servings of veggies to snack on through out the day. I get in those servings and am not hungry.