How many times do I have to start this journey?

Options
To be fair, I've done so and won at it in the past.

This time weight crept back over two years time and now I'm older..... so the same tricks I used last time don't have the same punch. Running, the best weapon I had before, is also off the table until/unless my tendons decide they can handle it. Injured myself last year trying to kick off some weight loss and going too hard too soon.

Looking to find some community support!

Replies

• mudrapudra
    mudrapudra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Injuries are no fun :/ I had to stick to yoga for a long time to heal myself. So I didt that and then got on the keto diet. And lost some weight. It's great. Difficult in the begging but rewarding
  • jerrigardner
    jerrigardner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this "start agan, but older now mission." One day at a time.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. I'm back to it for the 3rd time!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My 2nd time here at MFP, 3rd time to lose weight. This time, though, health scare.
    I'm doing low sodium and low sugar. It's kinda fun to see how I do this. I focus on this rather than calories...seems to work. You have to really want it. Why do you want to lose weight? I can tell you it does get harder as you get older, and if you stretch your skin out with fat, really not pretty. Sooo, find your true why, and it will give you wings! Best!
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    Hi Amy, I am also a member of the 'yo-yo- club. This time around I really focusing on using all the years and information I have accumulated and making a change in my thoughts and accepting the truth that it is harder to lose weight when we get older, not because we aren't trying it's because our bodies are changing. But we cant' look at the scale for our motivation. And we have to be kinder to ourselves and realistic. The very same thing that happened to you happened to me last year, i was doing good but then started to over do and I got hurt. This time around, I am accepting my limitations, I don't have to compete with 20 year olds. I am much kinder to my body, if I do work out that is a little too hard, i take the extra days to recover, none of that ridiculous advice from the past,"no pain no gain". No pain is a sign something is agitated and inflamed in your body, now pain from working out is to be expected, but we have to give our bodies time to recover. It's the recovery time that it is absolutely imperative to stay mentally active. because for yo-yoers, danger time is when we stop, we have to keep in our front mind why we are doing what we are doing and that being healthy is the goal, not to be thin. And even tho the scale might not be moving the way you want it to, being active/eating right is still way better than NOT doing those things.