Ideas for birthday treats

Options
2bassets
2bassets Posts: 193 Member
I was wondering what others brought for their birthday treats. I want something that is healthy and easy. I was thinking, apples, bananas and grapes. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in October...I always have an Oktoberfest party...lots of bratwurst and beer...

I eat apples, bananas, and grapes often...I wouldn't really consider them to be a birthday treat...I eat bratwurst a few times per year...that's a treat.
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You can have a little plain pound cake and light cool whip with that fruit :)
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Personally if it was my birthday i'm eating a big 'ol slice of cake and icecream as my treat. If I was going a healthier route i'd eat a peanut caramel apple. This is my favorite brand, they're only 160 calories and the perfect mix of tart and sweet. u5xjrscia7jg.jpg
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    2bassets wrote: »
    I was wondering what others brought for their birthday treats. I want something that is healthy and easy. I was thinking, apples, bananas and grapes. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

You mean like....to work?

Fruit IS a treat. The majority of people bring donuts (ho-hum). You could fancy it up by doing kabobs with a nice dip.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Huh... apples are a staple in my every day diet. Considering them 'treats' makes me think that you have some serious issues with food labeling.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    I usually made my daughter a Dundee cake for her birthday. This year she wanted to be more healthy, so...........I gave her a pile of grapes, nuts and other fresh fruits, so she could pretend they were in her cake.
  • jackedjimbean
    jackedjimbean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Make yourself birthday protein pancakes with this protein.
    http://www.samedaysupplements.com/iso-100-by-dymatize-nutrition-birthday-cake-1-6lb.html
  • MegNoel
    MegNoel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Eat Me Guilt Free brownies?? They're currently having a free shipping promo which makes each brownie $3 a piece. They tastes great (not like real brownies but still hits the spot). If you like birthday cake flavor things - their birthday cake brownies box is on sale with the free shipping making it $2.50 a brownie! Great brand!
  • Imthempres
    Imthempres Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How about apple slices dipped in pb or almond butter. Frozen banana slices, or frozen grapes. I have to steer clear of sweets most of the time and almost never eat boxed stuff or artificial sweeteners.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    2bassets wrote: »

Who are you treating?
    Fruit kabobs with yogurt dip
    Muffins
    Zucchini bread
    flavored popcorn
    Chocolate covered strawberries- http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/desserts/how-to-make-chocolate-covered-strawberries/chop-chocolate