Cucumbers, Cucumbers and more Cucumbers

Options
2»

Replies

• souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just got a bucket of cucumbers myself.
    I love quartering cucumber slices with some fresh grated parmesean and italian dressing.
    You could also cut some pitas up like a pie, put a little bit of dill dip on top of that, and put a cucumber on top of that. Super delicious cucumber sandwiches.
  • nikkidee1983
    Options
    I made a chick pea salad using one can chick peas (garbanzo beans), 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped cucumber, 1 chopped red pepper, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and 3 tablespoons olive oil.

*I added a little bit of regular vinegar because the balsamic was a bit too strong for my taste.

1/4 cup is 52 calories according to this site.
  • coljoydot
    coljoydot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just made a new recipe with cucumbers and it was delish!

mix together:
    Cucumbers (i used 2 japanese) peeled, seeded and chopped
    fresh chopped oregano (to taste)
    salt to taste (optional)
    crumbled Feta cheese (sheeps milk is best) however much you like
    toasted pine nuts (i used handful)

dressing:
    1/4c red wine vinegar
    3 tblsp chopped shallots
    1/4c olive oil
    pinch of salt

add shallots to vinegar and let stand for 10 mins
    add salt
    whisk in oil
    pour over cucmbers
  • SkinnyjeanKathleen
    SkinnyjeanKathleen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Use your cucumbers to make some tzatziki! And then... eat the cucumbers WITH the tzatziki, haha :D.
    What I always do for lunch is just pack one whole small cucumber and about 1/4 cup low cal tzatziki (recipe from skinnytaste: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/08/skinny-tzatziki.html). Dip the cucumber into the tzatziki and chow down. It's kind of fun to eat too.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I love sliced cucumbers in low sodium/low sugar rice vinegar :)
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I like making veggie sandwiches with cucumbers. I use a mini bagel or a whole wheat low cal bagel, toasted, with a smidgeon of light cream cheese and top it with cucumber slices, red pepper, red onion, avocado, and a dash of salt and pepper. VERY filling, low cal, and quite tasty. This is a summertime favorite with my church ladies.
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My friend brought me a delicious salad today made with orzo, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, basil and feta cheese. It was a great summer salad ;)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I went to the store and came home, and created a very tasty low cal cucumber salad:

3 cucumbers
    1/4 or less red onion
    organic grape tomatoes (1 pint)
    fresh mozzarella cheese or feta (this time I used the mozzarella) The container I bought only had 4 balls in it, so I used just 1, next time Ill use 2
    Fat free Italian dressing

Mine worked out to 63 calories a cup :)
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    great ideas!