Wendy's WIldberry Tea - is it too good to be true?!

Options
iluvsparkles
iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
Hi all, I decided to try the newly advertised "wild berry tea' from Wendy's today. I very very rarely eat out at fast food joints, but the cup that they gave me was FAR from medium sized which is what I ordered (it's gigantic! But they confirmed that it is indeed a medium!)

When I got home and plugged in the calories, the count was only 100 calories for this huge, and VERY SWEET tea. The online nutrition info says that it has berry puree and sugar in it, but I just wondered if anyone else was thrown off by just how sweet this 100 calorie tea is?! I double checked my amounts and facts that were given online and it just seems too good to be true. I LOVE sweet stuff, and if this massive 'medium' super sweet tea is actually only 100 calories, then I am going to make it a regular treat because it is GOOD!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Yeppers!! It does seem to be true!!!! Looks delish!!
  • Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I have been wanting to try it.
  • Casey1982
    Casey1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few weeks ago, and they asked if I wanted it sweet or unsweet. I said unsweet and it was still delicious!! Is the 100 calories you see online for the sweet or unsweet version??
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    If it's something that's hand mixed I'd give that number a margin for error by a LOT, when I worked fast food we'd routinely double sweeten our sweet tea when we made it in the morning because customers complained otherwise. (That's at Arby's, by the way, be warned--not company policy but it was widespread in the STL area to oversweeten our tea!)
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    The sugar count was 21 . . . I'm only allowed 24 all day.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I ordered a small one the other day and thought it was very good for only 70 cals!