47kg down and still dropping!

Options
suzy1976
suzy1976 Posts: 17 Member
Hey all :)

My name is Suzy, I'm 40 and from Sydney Australia.

5 years ago I was Godmother and the biggest wake up call was when I saw a pic with my Goddaughter. I knew I was a big girl but I was the outgoing one and I had my sis in law to go shopping with as she was also a big girl so I guess I just ignored it until the pic was seen.

I then started walking around the block every night and a year after this - I joined the gym. That was the hardest step. I would only train in the ladies area upstairs and I would chat to the girls up there but never ventured outside my comfort area. The weight slowly started to come off. I was only doing cardio and knew I had to start lifting weights and really change it up.

A year of only doing cardio at the gym - I started doing PT sessions but this trainer did nothing for me. My weight totally stopped dropping. I was then told to change trainers which I did. With this trainer - he worked me hard. I would be dripping of sweat and felt pain (good pain) in muscles I never knew I had :) The weight started to drop again - to my relief.

I trained every single day and did PT sessions 2-3 times a week. When my fitness level increased - my trainer told me to do it alone and then he will train me again when he saw I needed it. My strength got better each week and I eventually started running - never did I think I would see the day that I would be running :)

In mid August this year - I finally hit my goal weight and that's from training every day and only eating clean. I have a cheat meal at least twice a week but not to the extreme. You cannot deprive yourself nor will I ever. I am still dropping weight but the most important thing is - I am fitter then I have ever been, I have strength, I am determined and I am my own motivation.

It's mind over matter! You need to want it bad enough and go for it. Don't make up excuses and do not go back to bad habits if you have a bad day - just suck it up and continue with your journey!

Anyone is allowed to add me on here and I also document a lot on Instagram. I don't have a huge followers base but I, unfortunately, did not start documenting my fitness journey until I was well into it.

:#:#:#

Replies

• CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :)
  • theGarinator
    theGarinator Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have 30kg to lose. Love this success story. Check, it's coming off slowly now almost two months into it, meaning, counting calories. I have to bust my chops but am actually running now with a stride, and jogging less. Thanks for sharing your great success. We are so addicted to processed food, it's a crime.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Inspiring story - over a hundred pounds lost! Thank you for sharing :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    suzy1976 wrote: »
    Hey all :)

It's mind over matter! You need to want it bad enough and go for it. Don't make up excuses and do not go back to bad habits if you have a bad day - just suck it up and continue with your journey!

:#:#:#

This is exactly my view on it thanks very inspirational :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!