Misfit users?

I am experimenting with the Misfit app with my Pebble, and am so confused by it's stats. It reports I walked .1 miles, burned 908 calories and walked 4006 steps so far today (400 points). If any one of these are true, the other 2 must be wrong. I estimate I walked about a quarter mile and I biked 8 miles, which I am not sure if the Misfit caught or not.

Yesterday it counted my 2-mile walk as .4 miles, burning 1183 calories and 12,376 steps.

None of the numbers seem right. Am I just reading the stats incorrectly, or is the app that inaccurate?

Replies

• robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    It's not known for its accuracy. I should go back to Google Fit which is fed by Pebble Health. Withings is good, too.

• amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Hmm. @robinmarkz I used Google fit for a long time, but it hasn't been accurate at all since I got a new phone (still android) so I've been trying other things. I can't use Pebble Health because I have a classic, but wish I could! Haven't heard of Withings, checking that out now. Thanks!
  • robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    Yes, with just a Withings scale, you can collect a lot of other data. Highly recommended for MFP users.

And the original Pebble is still better than most other battery guzzlers. (The new Pebble 2 and Time both look terrific. But I will have to find someone who wants mine and wishes to barter for it.)

Oh, the Pebble 4.x firmware went bonkers today, so I switched to Google Fit and got way too many calories.

Good luck in your health journey!

Best,
    Robin