ummm, I have a question that's a bit weird

Options
My weight went up a little bit when I went on my monthly. :/ is that normal ? I feel like I'm weighing myself too often XD . I seriously gained 2 lbs over night and I didn't eat that much yesterday. lol

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Totally normal.

Most women gain when it's TOM.

I can gain 2lbs from a big meal.

Don't stress!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yeah...you retain more water....bloated, etc...
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That happens to me all the time. Give it a few days. It'll settle back to normal.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's not unusual for me to gain 2 pounds over night and I'm a guy!!! Fluctuations are normal. You need a weight range to maintain, not a specific number. I have a five pound rang. If I go below the low end I up the calories and gain a bit. If I get near my top range I tighten things up a bit. Trying to stand on a specific number is impossible.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Totally. I seem to have a 5 pound range I fluctuate from daily, even if I eat perfectly on track all week. If you're doing your thing and it's up or down a few pounds, don't sweat it. Likely just retaining water.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sure... there's been months that I've gone up 10 lbs during that time. :pensive:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 4lbs in the week leading up to TOM, completely normal OP.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Yes.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. My weight also goes up a little when I ovulate. I weigh daily. I like to see the fluctuations. If you track it daily on an app like Libra or Happy Scale you'll be able to see what your normal fluctuations are. New exercise, a high sodium meal and hormonal changes from your cycle will all cause water weight fluctuations. In maintenance it is best to set a range instead of one number. My weight fluctuates 2-3 pounds so my range is 135 +/- 3.
  • Erbs_n_spice_I_am_nice
    Options
    Yes it's normal. I read an article on why we gain weight. Very informative. I'll try to find it again. It explains a lot. I just don't weigh myself 2 weeks prior or during. I figured a couple days after is a good time to weigh. Not 2 weeks before or during. You can still step on the scale but don't log your weight.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just before your period.
    As you ovulate.

When you do an airplane flight

When you eat sushi.

The list goes on and on. But yes. Your period, and ovulation are given times when the scale will go up a few pounds. Until peri-menopause and then all bets are off and the fun begins.

When I was losing this was why I weighed daily. To learn these little fluctuations...
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    My scale this morn as opposed to 2 days ago was up 8lbs. Hormones, salt intake, too little/extra fluid intake, cardio, muscle repair, eating food you don't normally eat even within calorie limits, all of these things can cause up or down changes on the scale. I am sure there are other factors I have missed. Don't stress about it and just keep going. As long as you average out to a loss, you are doing the right things.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    came here for a weird question...leaving quite disappointed.
  • OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fluid retention. This too shall pass.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My scale this morn as opposed to 2 days ago was up 8lbs. Hormones, salt intake, too little/extra fluid intake, cardio, muscle repair, eating food you don't normally eat even within calorie limits, all of these things can cause up or down changes on the scale. I am sure there are other factors I have missed. Don't stress about it and just keep going. As long as you average out to a loss, you are doing the right things.

Wow. that's some fluctuation!
    Thanks for this post.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    yes don't worry mine fluctuates +-6-8lbs from day to day