How I maintain my weight....

Options
My two cents on staying "relatively" fit- not my best- not impressive by any means, but maintainable with a reasonable social life.

I essentially live a very regimented lifestyle. Pretty much the same breakfast and lunch daily, and I keep enough food for both meals in the fridge/freezer/cupboards at work. I utilize the

I'm about 20lbs heavier than my leanest, and 60lbs lighter than my fattest, so I'm doing ok, weighing at 193 at 5"10. Slowly losing weight again after getting down pretty well last year and a vacation screwed me over last year and I went from 185 to 200 or so. Trying to get back down so I can fit into my clothes.

In short, do your best to maintain your weight, and don't put yourself down if you're not at your "best"- you just have to be better- ideally a lot better, than your worst. As much as I'd like to be super lean and have abs, I'm still doing ok. Even at 193 lbs, I can still do 20 chin ups and run at least a 7:23 mile (my best was 6:12).

Stay dedicated my friends, add me if you'd like to chat or need some tips :)

July 2011- 247lbs
jkwj2q25sbct.jpg

July 2012- Unknown (Probably 230-240 something)
o98pkjgiuqyp.jpg

August 2013- 169lbs
x4hzh03ji8qw.jpg

Last Week (Sept 2016)- Around 193 (And hopefully lower soon!)
uh7m1lkkzh8b.jpg

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Wow, Your before and after pics look like 2 different people! Well done you :smiley:
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    Amazing as always! You are one of my top inspirations! :)
  • benchsquad65
    benchsquad65 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow, Your before and after pics look like 2 different people! Well done you :smiley:

Thank you. I actually never realized how fat I was when I was fat, because I held it somewhat evenly, but I hated the way I looked back then and absolutely never took pictures of myself or anything. Terrible double chin and fat face.

• benchsquad65
    Options
    Svanel wrote: »
    Amazing as always! You are one of my top inspirations! :)

Thank you!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! You have done well and congrats on your weight loss!! You look great and you're an inspiration to all of us!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    143353326 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I always wonder how people get these results, of course it needs lots of hard work. Really inspirational!!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal progress! Out of interest what is your next goal (if you have one)?
  • benchsquad65
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Phenomenal progress! Out of interest what is your next goal (if you have one)?

thanks! my goal is pretty much just to lose weight so I can actually see my gains and not just this fat. I'm hoping to be 185 by the end of this year again.

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You look great.
  • misscamp26
    misscamp26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! As I am learning, maintenance is a journey unto itself and it's all about being patient and kind to yourself. Kudos to you!
  • benchsquad65
    Options
    Thanks all :)
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • 13thGeneral
    13thGeneral Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing progress. Great job!