Chalean Extreme equipment? Increasing weight?

Options
armydreamers
armydreamers Posts: 175 Member
edited October 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I have adjustable dumbbells but the only weight options are 5lbs., 15lbs., and 20lbs. Will these work for the Chalean Extreme program? Are you supposed to incrementally increase the weight you are lifting in this program? Because if so, these weights may not work too well. Thanks :)

Replies

• Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely want to work to increasing weight but right now, what you have may be enough. Hard to say as it all depends on how much you, personally, can lift and will increase with throughout the program.
  • Iaintpurdy
    Iaintpurdy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used a set of adjustable Dumbbells I purchased at target. They went from 5-25lbs. I found them to be efficient for Chaldean extreme. They weren't that expensive either.
  • armydreamers
    armydreamers Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to buy regular dumbbells instead of adjustable. Only because I find the adjustables to be a PITA. What size dumbbells should I buy? I was thinking 8-10-15 to start but I'm not sure if that would be too light.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Maybe 10-15-20? The 8-10 difference is minimal.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with some of the shoulder exercises and had to go pretty slow because of an injury, but you should be good or you can get a band. Her workouts have that option too.