TIPS FOR LOVE HANDLES?

Options
I've had love handle problems since I was really young. Each and every time I lose a significant amount of weight, it doesn't do as much good for that area. If it were possible, I would like to just lose weight in my waist first and go on to other areas. If you could break any advice that is sure to work for shredding bodyfat around the waist and love handles into 3 to 5 simple tips, I would be most grateful.

Nathan

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Sorry but you can't. Fat loses occur due to your genetics.

Barring surgery you're stuck

Continue to eat at a deficit until it goes.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You can't do that. Sorry. Just keep at your logging/deficit.
  • juliagorina
    juliagorina Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think you may be predisposed to this shape... like me! I'm not sure how truly helpful these will be, but they feel amazing on my waist. Figure out how to correctly hold a "side angle" pose (your armpit needs to be slightly turned out, with your chest reaching up) and the "triangle" pose. The point is to stretch your back/sides, and never to "reach the floor" (add floor support if you need). Again, I don't know how truly useful these are for shrinking handles, but they might make you apprecaite them a bit more
  • nathanphillips076
    Options
    That's disappointing, but not at all surprising. I read articles on it online, and none of their crap ever works for me. It'll take a very long time to get rid of them. Just gonna be persistent then.
  • nathanphillips076
    Options
    @juliagorina , I'm just seeing your comment. I'll try that a while.
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you lose weight from. Keep losing it and eventually the love handles will come off. Unfortunately, for most guys it's usually the last (and most stubborn) fat you'll lose.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Apart from counting calories to lose weight, are you exercising as well? That might make a difference.
  • nathanphillips076
    Options
    I am. I try to exercise 5 times a week for at least 45 minutes. Whichever way I cut it, it's still going to take at least 5-6 months to lose the fat.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I am. I try to exercise 5 times a week for at least 45 minutes. Whichever way I cut it, it's still going to take at least 5-6 months to lose the fat.

it could take even longer than that. have some patience. slow and steady is better when it comes to fat loss anyway.
  • squarewheels66
    squarewheels66 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine only started to shrink when I got below 15% body fat

I think for most of us the fat is thickest around the waist so, although we are probably losing fat evenly, it seems to be belly and love handles that take longest to go
  • topeb
    topeb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges with weights