Restaurant Nutrition Information

Options
The kids and I went out to eat at Lupe Tortilla restaurant last night. a local place with a handful of stores in the Houston area. I had the shrimp tacos (fried/puffy/crispy tortilla shells, shrimp was sauteed-not fried), 1/4 basket chips & salsa (about 15-20 chips), and about 1 cup of borracho beans. Can't seem to find their nutrition information anywhere! :(

Is there a website somewhere that has a big list of nutrition facts?? I emailed their corporate office, waiting for reply.

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, you can google the dish and get a round about answer. I try to stay away from places I don't know the info. or you can just work out hard that day and save up like 7-800 calories for the meal, and you should be ok.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Well, you can google the dish and get a round about answer. I try to stay away from places I don't know the info. or you can just work out hard that day and save up like 7-800 calories for the meal, and you should be ok.

same answer here
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I always request their nutrition information at the restaurant.
    9 times out of 10 they have it available along with allergy information.
  • slheflinVA
    slheflinVA Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    http://www.fastfood.com/nutrition is the site I like, but that restaurant isn't on there.
  • karind58
    karind58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going there today with the office. And I can't find any information on it either. I usually google the nutrition information and have what i am going to eat ahead of time. I'm afraid this is going to be a shot in the dark and I won't have any idea of the calorie intake. :(
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    In some places they are required to have the nutrition information available to you So ask for it. Then do all of MFP a favor and enter it into the data base that way next time you need it or some else looks for it, it will be there.
  • amandainfanto
    Options
    I'd like to say it's up there in 800-1000 calories... Honestly mexican is the worst to eat. As I ate it last night and it was delish, but I knew it wasn't the right food choice. Enjoy it, and just work hard the next day!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Look for a restaurant that serves a similar dish.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    that is a neat site, however i just looked up what i ate last night at BP and it isn't on there, so the site isn't all that current, however BP's website does the info. :wink:
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I almost never eat at chain restaurants, so when I eat out I just search for the item on MFP on my phone (in your case, I would have entered something like "crispy shrimp taco"). Usually several items will pop up, allowing me to compare the calorie count, and I choose the one that seems most reasonable.