Things you've noticed about urself the more you lose weight!

Options
*sorry for the 'urself' shorthand but I wanted to make sure the entire title got posted*

Okay so I know all bodies are asymmetrical, but when I was heavier, I definitely didn't notice it much (besides my feet, haha). So anyway, now I'm noticing my left arm is smaller than the right, my left lower back is smaller than the right side, and even my thighs (If you couldn't tell, I'm a lefty ;-))! I was one of those people who looked in the mirror *all* of the time even before my weight loss so it can't be that I'm just looking at myself more now. I'm thinking the smaller I get, the more noticeable it is, but I kinda feel like Quasimodo now. :-/ LOL No it's not that bad, but still.
I've also noticed a slight discoloration on my lower back that I never knew I had (cause of the fat rolls that are no longer there).

So, what have you noticed about your body, now that you're slimming down, that you never noticed before?

Replies

• janbottorf
    janbottorf Posts: 12
    Options
    I actually have bones in my hands! LOL. Not to mention collarbones! Who knew?? :)
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I only have one chin! Who knew!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    The birthmark on my hip that I hadn't noticed had disappeared has suddenly reappeared!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I glide between the steering wheel and the seat, instead of wedging myself in to my truck. :laugh:
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Options
    I walk differently the more weight I lose, and I stand up straighter.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    When I look down, I see feet!!!!

Holy hell, have they always been there?!?!?
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I found out I have a really noticeable hour glass figure!! Woot! :D
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have my chin back.
    I noticed that something was different while doing Yoga, then I realized that my gut wasn't hanging out.
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    i noticed that i actually have a FREAKIN WAIST!! and it's pretty awesome if i do say so myself ;-)

also noticed that my booty is much more bootylicious thanks to running & weight lifting *sings* i don't think you're ready for this jelly
  • midnightsukie
    midnightsukie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    that i have one less chin then before!
    looking forward to the day i only have one

and a collar bone. where did that appear from?
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    My arms touch my body instead of my body touching my arms. I noticed that while out for a walk yesterday.
    I can paint my toenails without holding my breath.
    I don't have to hold any fat out of the way while "landscaping"
  • vannie18
    vannie18 Posts: 55
    Options
    i noticed that i actually have a FREAKIN WAIST!! and it's pretty awesome if i do say so myself ;-)

also noticed that my booty is much more bootylicious thanks to running & weight lifting *sings* i don't think you're ready for this jelly

jajajaja! :wink:
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    That I can sit and cross my legs in a ladylike fashion and its not killing me - LOL
    And ditto with seeing bones in my hands!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    The tip of my nose got a bit smaller and i didnt have to get the surgery! lol
  • salopgirl
    salopgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 30 pounds and the thing i notice the most!

I find myself looking in the mirror, for too many years i avoided the mirror, now i find myself looking! And seeing results!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My posture has improved!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I wear a half size smaller shoe, who knew?
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wear a half size smaller shoe, who knew?

Me too Jess. :)
  • LondonLad
    LondonLad Posts: 31
    Options
    Not enough holes on my belt and having to punch new ones :smile:

Being able to trim my own toe nails :laugh:
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    I've only lost 5lb so far, but I've become more observant and noticed how asymmetrical my waist/hips are! So interesting!