Favorite recipe source

Options
What is your favorite source for healthy cooking? Mine is skinnytaste.com.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Mine too. And Pinterest
  • gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love the Taste of Home books.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Love both of those too.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    If by "healthy" you mean low calorie, I don't have one. My favorite general recipe source is https://www.americastestkitchen.com. You need a subscription to get all the content, but with an email subscription you get @ three recipes per week for free. Not being able to see all the Related Content was driving me crazy so I asked my mother for a subscription for Christmas.

For more complicated recipes, it's wonderful to be able to see the video. The videos also increase my enthusiasm about the dish.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like to look at a lot of recipes, mostly because hubby and my daughter have celiac and I've always had to adapt recipes to be gluten free. I use allrecipes.com a lot, skinnytaste, cooking light, eating well.I love Ree Drummond's (The Pioneer Woman) recipes, but they always start with a lb of butter and cream cheese. If there's a recipe I like but the ingredients don't quite jive with the calories I want to eat, I modify. For example, switch out olive oil for avocado oil. Small tweaks can make a big difference.

I also do use the recipe importer on MFP, but before I match ingredients, I go through each line and type in the brand or type I know I have on hand and THEN do the ingredient matching. If the calories are too high, I make adjustments (often it is reducing the amount of oil is used) or making sure the portion distribution is correct.
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Eating Well magazine
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    allrecipes.com

Oh, and youtube.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    tastespotting.com
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    An app called Yummly
  • noddy230983
    noddy230983 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Google.
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    So many places to look! I love cooking new things. Does anyone have a great homemade spaghetti sauce recipe? I really want one that cans well for my next garden season. I love putting up my own veggies!