Losing 10 lbs in two months...

Options

Replies

• susanlflores
    susanlflores Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off on MFP...but this time I am serious! Anybody trying to lose 10lbs by December? Will help me to have someone else in same boat as me!

Mee too!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm down 57lbs so far, and my aim is to finally reach goal before Christmas! 11lbs in 11 weeks :smile:
  • CALS0CCERBEAR87
    CALS0CCERBEAR87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Losing 10lbs in 30 days seems realistic too (depending on weight/height)???... that's like 2-3 lbs a week

i'd like to lose about 30lbs in around 3 months
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Losing 10lbs in 30 days seems realistic too (depending on weight/height)???... that's like 2-3 lbs a week

i'd like to lose about 30lbs in around 3 months

2lbs is the max most people can realistically lose consistently per week and that is only if they still have substantial weight to lose. Once you get lower the loss becomes slower.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yay! Someone has actually set themselves a realistic goal! You see so many posts on here where someone puts something long the lines of 'want to lose 5 stone (31KG) by (date in 2months time)!'

That's the exact goal I'm setting myself too. I want to lose 10-14lb by Christmas. Add me if you want a fellow goal buddy :)
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 13lbs before the 13th of December! :)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 15 to 20 pounds of fat and preserve as much muscle as possible. I'm thinking it will take me longer than til December though- if I go too low calorie my body tends to start breaking down muscle. I really don't care how long it takes as long as it actually stays off this time.

• Hunterlisar
    Hunterlisar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • tasimaya
    tasimaya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great goal. Am aiming for it too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose. If you're under 200 pounds it's probably unrealistic.
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Going on vacation to Cancun on Thanksgiving. Started looking into MFP and the advice for weight loss on Sep 25th. Joined a gym that opened up by my house, been going 4-5 times a week, and aiming to eat under 2000 calories. Lost 12lbs since September 16th as of today. I stopped drinking pop. That alone was a huge change for me. Started at 220lbs, down to 208 now , goal is to be under 200 for our vacation. I'm a 5'10 male. Definitely possible for you to lose 10lbs. But the thing to remember is it isn't just about weight loss, sure I lost 12lbs, but a lot of that was just the unhealthy gunk in my system being flushed out. I can say my clothes fit a little looser, but nothing significant yet. So I know that 12lbs is just a lot of water weight and fluff weight being flushed out.
  • Ginni_Lynn
    Ginni_Lynn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to accomplish this goal also
  • dariusshaw
    dariusshaw Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am trying as well I don't log food everyday still getting used to it. But I stop with soda but I drink water variously on days. Like two days a did a gallon but then the rest of the days would be a bottle or two maybe 3. I do sometimes drink oj . I am 240lb guy 42 waist. I have gym membership but work and school gets in way so I am thinking of just going for walk a nearby park. Any tips on what i can do at home.When I am at home I use 20lb dumbells and attempt push ups lol 2 set of 10 all I can do
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    dariusshaw wrote: »
    I am trying as well I don't log food everyday still getting used to it. But I stop with soda but I drink water variously on days. Like two days a did a gallon but then the rest of the days would be a bottle or two maybe 3. I do sometimes drink oj . I am 240lb guy 42 waist. I have gym membership but work and school gets in way so I am thinking of just going for walk a nearby park. Any tips on what i can do at home.When I am at home I use 20lb dumbells and attempt push ups lol 2 set of 10 all I can do

Hey Darius.
    The first step is getting into the behaviour of logging your food properly. Weight loss is said to be 80% what you eat, and 20% exercise, and I for one agree with this.
    If there are any bus journeys you could walk, then try and start doing that. I cut out a 15 minute bus journey and walked it instead, every morning and evening, and it did wonders, not just for my weight, but for my joints and overall health.
    If you have an iPhone then you can use the pedometer on that to give you a rough guide as to how much you're currently walking. You need to really challenge yourself though. My mantra whenever I'm working out is, if you're not sweating, you're not doing enough.
  • temazur
    temazur Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not quite December, trying to lose 12 by January 31. Granted, I'm meandering my way to weight loss about 1/2 a lb a week since last January, so I get to have my cake and eat it, too (so to speak), but I want to try to get as close to or under 200 lbs as possible by 2017, so time to up my game a bit.
  • jenfran89
    jenfran89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've lost just under 11 lbs (5kgs) in 3 months, so lets see if I can do the same again before Christmas :)
  • ohmycarbs
    ohmycarbs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Am aiming for 20 pounds by Christmas (from current weight of 240, down 25 lbs this year)). Increasing strength training & continuing low carb/high fat to achieve if. Good luck to you, @Aspiring2013 B)
  • katiey1123
    katiey1123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's around my goal for December!! Let's do this!
  • soulraver
    soulraver Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes! Totally my goal also! Currently at 66kilos want to get to the 61 before Christmas
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I have around 20lb left to lose but my current goal is to be at least 5lb closer to my goal when I go to Maui on Dec. 2