What is the #1 thing you want to achieve physically?

Options
Feel free to add me if you want to support each other's goals!
My #1 goal is to hike rim to rim and then rim to rim at the Grand Canyon! Planning for 2017 to be my year to achieve this momentous goal!

Replies

• MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My current goal is to be able to run the 5k colour run next year with my best friend. We are both currently working on the c25k app.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I want to get back where i was running-wise. Waiting on a doctors appointment to see whats going on with my knee... :(
  • happyfamilee
    happyfamilee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am finally running again! I had injured my back and had limited range of motion, but now I'm back up to 2 miles.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I want to get back to running again, after having 1st baby at 39 years old. I was an avid runner before and miss it so much. I've just gotten back to eating right and exercising and LOGGING everything. I'm hoping to be back to races, or at least some family running soon :)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    My physical goals seem to be a moving target lately. When I started this journey I had several bad discs in my back, bad knees, and was post surgery for my back (which left me with some nerve damage) and right knee which I felt never fully healed and probably wouldn't, not to mention I was 120lbs overweight. Year 1 of my journey I even managed to re-injury two new discs in my lower back along with the one that was repaired surgically and went down for weeks both times. My goals at that time were to simply lose the weight I wanted, build/tone muscle, and do 10 pull ups and 10 push ups.

I've surpassed that now somewhat so my goals have changed. I can do 10 (easily, likely 3x that much) push ups, and I can do 10+ chin ups (not full fledged pull ups). I also figured I could never run again, but in the spring I started running up hills when I was out walking, and found I liked it a LOT. With the nerve damage (likely permanent) I learned to use different muscle control in my left leg, so running has been a learning experience. I've begun doing a 5k each morning before work, and on the weekends do about 8k. I run about half of it on the 5k days and maybe a 3rd on the 8k days.

So my new physical goals are going to be 1) do 10 pull-ups (real ones) and 2) run a 5k (without walking). Anything beyond that will be just a bonus. I'm 47, so I want to reach my goals and maintain them until I retire and beyond if possible. I won't get there this year, it's getting cold and I will likely have to move inside to train for the winter, but next summer I expect to hit those goals. At my age, progression is slower than I'd like, but I am determined. I managed to lose the weight, and have improved farther than I had originally hoped, even if I managed to injure myself several times getting here. ;)

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's a long time from now, but I want strong arms. Even at my lightest and most fit, my arms have never been that strong.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want to support each other's goals!
    My #1 goal is to hike rim to rim and then rim to rim at the Grand Canyon! Planning for 2017 to be my year to achieve this momentous goal!

That's an awesome goal! The Grand Canyon is so gorgeous! I hope you achieve your goal and come back to post some photos!
  • KristyDonovan
    KristyDonovan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I want to be a kick butt sword fighter. (Just about to start taking sword training lessons)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My current goal is five pull-ups in a row. I'm up to four.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Flat stomach....Feel free to add me.
  • happyfamilee
    happyfamilee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ant488 wrote: »
    Flat stomach....Feel free to add me.
    Don't we all want that!?! Lol!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    20 minute 5k run, 10 pull ups and a 2 plate (100 kg - 225 lb) bench press. A long way off all of them but some day!
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do those crazy pull ups where you hold your legs out in front of you so your body kind of makes a "L" shape. And make it look like it's easy.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I want to go windsurfing again
  • aashwill
    aashwill Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    To run my spring half-marathon under 1:30 and right afterwards deadlift 405x5. Those are my goalposts before I get back into ultrarunning, I want to be able to do those two things on the same day.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My big goal was to run a 100 mile Ultramarathon in July next year. Unfortunately I managed to break my leg at the weekend, so my while I still hope to do the Ultra, my current goal is to be able to run again.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Physically, I want people to notice I've lost weight. That would be great motivation for me. I'd also like to complete C25K by Christmas, I'm currently on week 2.
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just one goal? I have so many! but I guess the goals that I have that are immediate are be able to do 10 push-ups properly and run a 5k. Other things can and will follow after this =]