Trouble eating. Crazy I know.

Options
Does anyone have tips on eating more? I know it sounds crazy but I just don't get that hungry and I need to gain weight. I'm always a few hundred calories short. I mean I do eat but then I just don't have the appetite no more X( I find myself forcing myself to eat and then I get gag reflex because I'm just not hungry but I need to hit my macros.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Time for ice cream! ;)
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a super easy way to get extra calories
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I've never gagged with chocolate!
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    peanut butter,avocado,add sauces and fats to everything you prepare. Nuts,eggs, and of course some indulgence.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Adding fats will add calories without too much volume. Avocados, peanut butter, and nuts are good. Make sure you are using full fat products instead of low fat milk, yogurt etc. And if all else fails, have some ice cream. With chocolate syrup and nuts.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    There's a Goal: Gaining Weight forum further down the list of message boards. You might check in there for advice and support. Best of luck!
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Liquid calories are grrrrreat.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »

THere is no nutritional value in drinking extra cals to justify your calorie intake. At least add EVOO to your salads, veggies & meat. There is health benefit in a healthy fat and the cals will add up quickly.
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

THere is no nutritional value in drinking extra cals to justify your calorie intake. At least add EVOO to your salads, veggies & meat. There is health benefit in a healthy fat and the cals will add up quickly.

That depends on the liquid. Smoothies are liquid calories and they can have lots of nutritional value.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options

Its like you don't even milk!

OP, you might find this beneficial: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • jendiaz9732
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Its like you don't even milk!

OP, you might find this beneficial: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

That was super beneficial thanks a lot!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    OP. check out this thread. It's a great list for anyone that has trouble hitting their calorie goal. :)
  • jendiaz9732
    Options
    That's great thread thanks! Just what I was looking for!
    OP. check out this thread. It's a great list for anyone that has trouble hitting their calorie goal. :)

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Nutella + Spoon :)

I joke, yes. Trust me, I'm not an expert, it's never been my issue. But I'd think Ensure would be where I'd start. My Mom went through Chemo about 9 years ago and that's what they said to use to get her calories up...Protein Powder too.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Nutella + Spoon :)

I joke, yes. Trust me, I'm not an expert, it's never been my issue. But I'd think Ensure would be where I'd start. My Mom went through Chemo about 9 years ago and that's what they said to use to get her calories up...Protein Powder too.

This. My brother got pneumonia when he was little and ended up losing a bunch of weight. He was having meal replacement shakes WITH his meals to get back up to a healthy weight.
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You gotta watch supersize versus super skinny
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    You gotta watch supersize versus super skinny

Why???