Need Input..!!!!!

Options
Ok now i would like to know if anyone can fill me in on some of the foods that keep you full longer without actuallt eating alot. Or if anyone knows of any good websites that are helpful with what types of food are good for what things.

Replies

• jenga79
    jenga79 Posts: 11
    Options
    Ok now i would like to know if anyone can fill me in on some of the foods that keep you full longer without actuallt eating alot. Or if anyone knows of any good websites that are helpful with what types of food are good for what things.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Oats with a few walnuts(make sure they are rolled or steel cut not instant)
    raw veggies- carrots, celery ,etc with 1tbsp natural peanut butter
    apples raw with peel on
    beans
    high fiber cereals like Kashi friends or all bran
    Whole wheat pretzels
    Low fat or FF tortilla chips
    Whole wheat tortilla wraps
    Whole wheat pasta

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    No idea if this is scientific but protien really keeps me going for a long time. Eggs & low sodium bacon in the morning will keep me going til late afternoon if necessary. :flowerforyou:
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I'm not a pro yet, but I usually do the raw fruits and veggies. I've heard that hungrygirl.com has some good stuff, I haven't had a chance yet to look myself. Good Luck:wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Oats with a few walnuts(make sure they are rolled or steel cut not instant)
    raw veggies- carrots, celery ,etc with 1tbsp natural peanut butter
    apples raw with peel on
    beans
    high fiber cereals like Kashi friends or all bran
    Whole wheat pretzels
    Low fat or FF tortilla chips
    Whole wheat tortilla wraps
    Whole wheat pasta

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

I agree, these things are great.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Green beans!!!!

Don't laugh, (too much), but my vet put my dog on a green bean eating plan...she gets a mixture of hard dog food and 1/4 cup green beans twice a day. She shed the weight and looks fantastic. So I figured if it really worked for my dog, it's gotta work for me, right? So I'm adding more veggies to my diet, I'm also feeling fuller longer without eating many calories. (And then I still have room for a glass of wine or chocolate...or whatever extra yumminess I feeel hungry for).
    :smile:
  • xtina11179
    Options
    BE CAREFUL WITH PEANUT BUTTER!!!! I know it is a good source of protein and helps keep you full, but I've been hearing a lot about Salmonella in Peanut Butter lately. I'm not sure of the details...just an FYI.
  • avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    Helpful Hint!! :wink:

Protein's are what fill you. Carb's get burned up way to fast. And Fats don't do much at all.

If your hungry for a snack and need something filling veggies with peanut butter are grrreat!! so are apples with peanut butter if your not into veggies. but be careful with PB and also with peanuts. They are great when it comes to proteins and not great when it comes to fat.

Be careful and do some protein exploring!
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree with the eggs.... I use the eggbeaters and turkey bacon.... keeps me full till lunch (7:00 till 12:00) Also Fiber One cereal.... I think it explodes in your stomach.... I eat a half a cup of the cereal... a couple of teaspoons of blueberries, 1/2 cup of milk in the cereal.... and I feel full till lunch....if I get hungry before lunch... I have some celery and laughing cow cheese... YUM
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Helpful Hint!! :wink:

Protein's are what fill you. Carb's get burned up way to fast. And Fats don't do much at all.

If your hungry for a snack and need something filling veggies with peanut butter are grrreat!! so are apples with peanut butter if your not into veggies. but be careful with PB and also with peanuts. They are great when it comes to proteins and not great when it comes to fat.

Be careful and do some protein exploring!

Oh yeh, I totally agree......I take an apple corer and core out a granny smith and stuff it with pb....YUMMMMM. My co-workers think I'm weird, but I tell them not to knock 'til they try it, it's so good, and easier to take on the go. :)