WHY I DELETED ALL OF MY "FRIENDS"

Options
I am not knocking the supportive spirit of this site but recently the posts, discussions, "rants", etc. have taken a very ugly turn. I cannot make this a social endeavor - it has to stay focused for me. So I apologize to the people that I deleted and I hope you understand - it just got to the point where I was getting upset about posts and very frustrated with the low maturity level on the site so figure if I just keep to myself and just use it for tracking my food intake, etc. then that is all I really need.

Thanks for understanding.

Replies

• countrymama03
    Options
    good for you
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. i did something similar, well I got new "friends". I also took a break from the discussion board b/c so many people were giving out bad, unhealthy advice to others and it's hard to read stuff like that. I love this site also and if you feel you need to focus on you, I understand! hopefully your friends understand as well.. as far as the maturity, I asked a question once and someone reported me for calling myself stupid. i mean we are adults if you don't like something you don't read then ignore it. good luck to you and hope you continue to use this site for its the best one ever!
  • losethechalupa
    losethechalupa Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100% I don't like getting the little poems and hearing about everyone's day on here. I can get that info from my facebook peeps. This site for me is strictly for keeping myself on track. I initially started adding people who have lost a lot of weight just to see what has worked for them, etc, but I am finding that what has worked for them often times are methods I do not agree with. Im going to follow your lead and make some cuts as well. Good luck on your journey!
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    ive heard folks talking about this exact thing.....i dont see it. i read few forums and rarely reply(except for food quesions) i guess b/c i keep my list small and choose carefully and delete vigorously. i mean, if you got like 400 friends....really?
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I wasn't someone that the OP deleted, but while we're confessing things...:embarassed:

I actually deleted some REALLY GREAT people before we were allowed an unlimited # of friends.
    I just did it because they had incredible success stories and I could follow their blogs on my own, and didn't necessarily want to clog their news feed. If you are out there and even noticed I deleted you and were wondering - that's what it was!

To the people who are still my friends, I couldn't bear to not-clog your news feed! :laugh: :bigsmile:
    (But of course will remedy this if I'm bugging you...!! Let me know!!)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You have to do what is best for YOU!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've actually been contemplating ditching the whole friend thing. Some of the people I follow are eating great - real food, exercising well, staying very close to their calorie goal. Others, otoh, are eating 600 cal and exercising like crazy. I'm not gonna give you an atta'girl for killing yourself, and I don't really want to see it or be a part of it.. Nothing personal, but I've got my own demons to fight - I don't need yours too.

But I hear ya. I find that I spend way too much time roaming the forums here. Some of it is fun. I'm in a few challenges that have been helping me keep on track. But I'd just rather go run around the block than read another zumba post.