Re-Starting

Options
I've actually been using MFP for sometime now but after doing really well and losing 8 pounds I let things go for a few weeks and found myself back up closer to my starting weight.

I'm ready to start over with a fresh new slate! I'm starting a bootcamp tonight at my gym which I'm really excited about. Pairing that with my calorie counting should really help. Honestly though, I'm really nervous about doing the bootcamp. I haven't pushed myself at the gym in years. I've kind of gotten into a really easy routine which is why I'm not seeing any results. I'm worried if there are really fit people in my bootcamp I won't be able to keep up with them. But on the other hand, I really can't let that demotivate me because we are all in there for our own reasons.

The only thing that's a bummer is even with all the people around me that are constantly complaining about their weight, I feel like I'm one of the only ones doing something serious about it. I don't have a real tight support system. My husband tries to help with me staying in line with my calories but doesn't worry about his which in turn makes it hard for me at times. My sister is a good support system but she's so busy with life that we can't make a solid plan and stick to it. Not to mention that girl has nothing to worry about in the weight department, she's still really thin.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to stick this out. 2 times a week for 6 weeks should be a pretty good start though! Wish me luck!! :happy:

Replies

• messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Sounds like you have a great plan and using this site to the full will absolutely help you reach your goals :smile:
  • NitaBnatural
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck to you. I also re-started last week after begin gone for 10 weeks. I did gain some back, almost to my original start weight. But it is exciting to jump start things again. Again Good luck to you.
  • suev76
    suev76 Posts: 3
    Options
    oy I feel you, I really do. I lost 7lbs (as my ticker indicates) but let go and I'm pretty much back up but I refuse to update my weight lol I don't want it to say "gained ...". I've seen the bootcamp at my gym and it's intense, it has crossed my mind but I'm still a little scared because I know I'm not in that great a shape. I'm also re starting today, calorie counting, exercising, getting in shape, I just can not be like this anymore. oh the sad thing is, I've been through actual USMC bootcamp and I was in incredible shape then, why does something like the gym one scare me ? LOL best of luck to you my dear, best of luck. feel free to add me if you want btw lol
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Good luck! Boot camp is a lot of fun and you are surrounded by people with a similar goal, to lead a healthier lifestyle by being active. My boyfriend is the same way. . . . willing to point out when I am eating too many calories while he stuffs his face with potato chips all day lol. If you add lots of friends, your support system grows and you will find it more fun on MFP! (Feel free to add me)
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    best of luck
    feel free to add me:)
  • cblack51
    cblack51 Posts: 20
    Options
    Good luck, I'm sure with Bootcamp and MFP the pounds will start dropping off. Feel free to add me as a friend. Welcome back.
  • jilly30
    jilly30 Posts: 43
    Options
    I know how you feel I fell off my wagon awhile ago and just started back again today! It is so hard to get going once you have stopped for ahile. I have the same problems with the husband ect... Once I start it takes a bit to get going again. It's going to be a long hard first week for me : ( Sending you luck from MI : ) here we go lol.....
    :wink:
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    welcome back and LUCK to you!! We are here to help with your journey!!! :flowerforyou: