Gather around for a story, kids...

Options
Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Jules.

(Well, she wasn't little. She was about 220 lbs. And she wasn't really a girl, she was a 30-something woman. But whatevs...)

Jules found this awesome website called MyFitnessPal, and used it religiously, while living a lifestyle of healthy eating and regular workouts. And, despite her love of vodka and baked goods, she managed to lose 60ish pounds. And Jules was happy.

But then, this big, mean, evil creature called Life came along and beat the crap out of Jules. And she found herself forgetting about MFP, and falling back into some old habits and falling even more in love with vodka and baked goods. (More vodka than anything. And beer. And moscato. And rum. And....oh, sorry, getting off track here.) What was once a pleasing size 8-10 butt was now 42 years old and filling out size 16s. And it made Jules sad.

Finally, after putting up with Life's bulls**t, Jules yelled, "ENOUGH!!!"

She kicked Life in the balls, and ran back to MFP to regroup, reconnect with old friends, and find some new ones who could feel her pain.

Will Jules live happily ever after? Send her a friend request to find out...

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    Jules? Like Jules?

I had to break up with Jose, myself. And Ben, and Jerry.

Well, I still see Ben & Jerry sometimes.

• Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry are some fine fellows. They're hard to break up with.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    Yeah, true dat.

Captain Morgan is a dastardly pirate - out to steal life. I don't miss that jerk.
  • digitalplaid
    digitalplaid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck Jules! Should I even say that? is there such a thing as 'luck' when it comes to my own self-discipline? For some, maybe, but for me, not at all.
    You've done it before, you can do it again.
    Maybe I should say "Go get it". Because you can and will if you really want to.
  • WaCowboy
    WaCowboy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That has got to be one of the best posts I heave read in a while. I have also fell victim (used very loosely) to the baked goods. Doesn't help that your GF loves to bake. Anyways I wish you the best of luck, and sent you an invite.