Way under my calories.......what now?!!?

Options
Lord, am I drama or what....now I realize that I have not eaten enough calories today........I am under the 1270 cals aloted without the excercise cals.......I am 350 under....what the heck do I do....I realized this is how I have been eating for many years...I think I eat somewhere around 900 a day.....still overweight....likely I have shocked my metabolism into starvation mode.

So now what do I do I am under tonight.

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Lord, am I drama or what....now I realize that I have not eaten enough calories today........I am under the 1270 cals aloted without the excercise cals.......I am 350 under....what the heck do I do....I realized this is how I have been eating for many years...I think I eat somewhere around 900 a day.....still overweight....likely I have shocked my metabolism into starvation mode.

So now what do I do I am under tonight.

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Do you not have anything else to make?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    eat those calories.
  • valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've found myself in the same boat. I feel very wierd eating when I'm not really hungry, so I try to eat an apple or banana(some kind of fruit). It doesn't seem to sit so heavy and it's at least close if not a little more than 100 calories. :happy:
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Yeah I suppose I can eat some fruit and maybe some cereal..........

This is weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LucyJ
    LucyJ Posts: 13
    Options
    Peanut butter on whole wheat toast does the job. A big glass of orange juice helps as well.
  • cjgurley
    Options
    I had the same problem.....you have to kick start your metabolism....to do this, what my nutritionist did for me is put me on a 5 meal plan of healthy meals....you know you have succeeded when you start to have stomack cravings just before it's time to eat each meal....it took my metabolism to get kicked started about 4 weeks.....my body had to trust I was going to feed it... it was really hard for me to go to a 5 meal plan because I was always use to eating only one meal a day.......an example of my 5 meal plan is: Breakfast- 1/2 cup of special K cereal, 1/2 cup of 2% milk, on packet of splend, a banana
    Snack- 1 protein bar Lunch: Hormel Compleats dinner (chicken/mash/gravey) real good
    Snack after Lunch: an apple and can of V8 low sodium juice
    Dinner: Healthy Choice or Lean Quizine TV Dinners (this was the easiest) or 4oz of protein, 1 vegetable, fruit, low calorie drink......and of course, 8 glasses of water drank by the end of the day....

Hope this helps...it worked for me...I lost 61 pounds since Sept 9, 2008, and I am still sticking to this diet ... another thing I do is get oscar mayer 98% fat free turkey breast...each slice is 25 calories...when I want to cheat or go off my diet....I eat 4 slices....100 calories...and it satisfies my body's cravings....and it is a healthy "Snack".........but it works.........better than breaking my diet and all the work I did to lose this weight........good luck
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    I had the same problem.....you have to kick start your metabolism....to do this, what my nutritionist did for me is put me on a 5 meal plan of healthy meals....you know you have succeeded when you start to have stomack cravings just before it's time to eat each meal....it took my metabolism to get kicked started about 4 weeks.....my body had to trust I was going to feed it... it was really hard for me to go to a 5 meal plan because I was always use to eating only one meal a day.......an example of my 5 meal plan is: Breakfast- 1/2 cup of special K cereal, 1/2 cup of 2% milk, on packet of splend, a banana
    Snack- 1 protein bar Lunch: Hormel Compleats dinner (chicken/mash/gravey) real good
    Snack after Lunch: an apple and can of V8 low sodium juice
    Dinner: Healthy Choice or Lean Quizine TV Dinners (this was the easiest) or 4oz of protein, 1 vegetable, fruit, low calorie drink......and of course, 8 glasses of water drank by the end of the day....

Hope this helps...it worked for me...I lost 61 pounds since Sept 9, 2008, and I am still sticking to this diet ... another thing I do is get oscar mayer 98% fat free turkey breast...each slice is 25 calories...when I want to cheat or go off my diet....I eat 4 slices....100 calories...and it satisfies my body's cravings....and it is a healthy "Snack".........but it works.........better than breaking my diet and all the work I did to lose this weight........good luck

Thanks so much....this is a great plan. I think I am gonna start planning snacks of some sort throughout and then meals.

Thanks

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cjgurley
    Options
    that is great....i do the healthy snack in between meals too....I label my food diary catagories like this
    Breakfast [6 am to 9 am]; Lunch [l0 am to 12 pm]; Dinner [6 pm to 8 pm], After Lunch Snack [1 pm to 4 pm]; After Dinner Snack [9 pm to 12 pm]; and the last one Temptation At Night [l am to 4 am] .......this really works for me.......it gets my 5 meal plan in.....it spreads out the snacks.......and it keeps me within my calories for the day..........if i wake up in the night, and it 5 am, I wait until 6 am to eat because it is so close to the breakfast time frame....this keeps me honest.........now say you started your diary for the day with breakfast.....you do all the entries.....and it is actually after midnight of that day.....I still enter anything I eat for the day I started on and enter it under Temptation At Night because the time frame is before 5 am......but once it hits 6am, I start a new day.......when you do this and have to make an entry in the Temptation catagory, you have to probably back up to the original day you stared that food diary for that day because it automatically advances you to the next day on the Food Diary when the time goes past midnight........so I guess what I am saying, my day starts from 6am one day and ends at 5 pm the next...........does that make sense.........have any questions........let me know ok........FYI i lost 4 more pounds since Friday of this week.....................the turkey breast snack is really working....my body doesn't think I am starving it...................:wink: Carol