Newbie to P90X Classic - starting 7/11/11

Options
Is today your lucky day? It is for me. It is exactly 90 days before my marathon and I need to do strength training to up workouts, so I decided to do P90X Classic workout. Anyone want to join me for the P90X workout? We will start today!!!

WORKOUT for Weeks 1-3:
Mondays = Chest & Back and Ab Ripper DVDs
Tuesdays = Plyometrics DVD
Wednesday = Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper DVDs
Thursdays = Yoga DVD
Fridays = Leg & Back and Ab Ripper DVDs
Saturdays = XStretch DVD
Sundays = Kenpo DVD

I switched the Kenpo and XStretch days because I need to do the extra stretching on my days I do the long distance runs.

I'm thinking everyone can post their numbers each week. I think I will create a Google Doc spreadsheet (so this forum doesn't get too big) that everyone can enter their numbers into for each day. I will post more on this tonight after the 1st workout. Feel free to still post anything you may feel about your workouts or diets. I will also be following the diet recommendation set by P90X for the first phase during weeks 1-4 which is meant to burn fat 50% Protein / 30% Carb / 20% Fat.

Replies

• NatureIsleEmpress
    NatureIsleEmpress Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in also planning on doing my first 5k in September
  • neotiger
    neotiger Posts: 6
    Options
    My wife and I are starting P90X Classic today as well. I've been doing the Spartacus workout for about 8 weeks now and hope that helps. :) Watched several of the videos and am looking forward to Bringing IT!! :) So I'm IN!! We have logs printed out and spreadsheets already created so I may not have time to keep up with another spreadsheet but I'm in for the next 90 days with ya! Also we started the fat shredder this morning as well. I'll watch this thread and if possible I'll try to update your log as well.
  • SeaMonkey83
    Options
    My wife and I are starting P90X Classic today as well. I've been doing the Spartacus workout for about 8 weeks now and hope that helps. :) Watched several of the videos and am looking forward to Bringing IT!! :) So I'm IN!! We have logs printed out and spreadsheets already created so I may not have time to keep up with another spreadsheet but I'm in for the next 90 days with ya! Also we started the fat shredder this morning as well. I'll watch this thread and if possible I'll try to update your log as well.

No real need to do my spreadsheet if you are doing your own. I'm just thinking about creating one for those people who don't already have one.
  • NatureIsleEmpress
    NatureIsleEmpress Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Any of you in WOWY, i use it to log my workouts, I am natureislempres add me.
  • SeaMonkey83
    Options
    I am now on WOWY. I am SeaMonkey83 on there too. I joined tonight, but the website seems to be down for maintainence right now.

I just finished DAY 1 Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X
    I did 100 pushups, 90 chinups/pullups using red resistance bands and 192 ab exercises.
    My arms are shakey. It feels good. I don't have a lot of upper body strength so I am quite happy with the Chest & Back workout.
    I'm a little disappointed on my numbers for abs, but my back wasn't coorperating so I did my best and forgot the rest.