Fitbit

Options
Do most people eat the extra calories that your fitbit calculates for you? It seems like a lot of extra calories.

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Do most people eat the extra calories that your fitbit calculates for you? It seems like a lot of extra calories.

Yeah...I do. Typically adds about 600-1000 calories to my day.
  • shumm090
    shumm090 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. Depends if I feel hungry or not. Most days there are about 200 or so left over. I have been losing at my intended rate or slightly faster.
  • amandavgomez
    amandavgomez Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not usually but i dont usually eat enough. I log food just so i can complete my daily log even when i don't actually eat it lol. Now if i drive by steak n shake on my way to work I'm good to go.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My diary is public if you want to check it out. My "goal" is 1670 calories net per day. Due to fitbit calorie adjustment this is what I ate each day for the past week to hit my goal:

On low days I can earn only a few 100 calories but on very active days I have earned as much as 4,000 calories extra.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I eat most or all of them
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine. I moved to maintenance in July. My goal is 1560 but I usually eat 1800-2000 depending on how active I have been.
  • bridgetklingshirn
    Options
    I eat them if I need them. Linking my Fitbit to MFP has really helped me out. When I was at 1200 calories and just adding in exercise calories when I went on a walk to "exercise" I always felt that I was starving. Now that my fitbit caculates the burn for me I get a lot more calories and I still lose when I go off of the calculation and I don't feel like I am starving all the time.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I try to not eat them back but if I've walked 20k steps and my TDEE is 2800 you can be sure I'm not eating 1500 because I'll die lol. I eat back to keep a 500-700 calorie deficit based on my estimated burn and I've found it to be pretty accurate over time