Keto day 5

Options
Hi everyone! I'm doing Keto and I'm currently on day 5 and feeling great! Any suggestions for me to continue the success?
Thanks so much ❤️

Replies

• 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have recently started the Keto diet as well. I have also noticed significant changes in mood and energy after the first week. From what I have read, it takes 1-2 weeks to really make the change to ketosis.

Some other things I have read, and a co-worker of mine who has done it for months has told me to look out for, is not to have too much protein as your body can break it down and turn it into sugar

Meal prep has also been my most helpful tool. As long as I know I have food for lunch and dinner at work, and know what I am eating at home I know I won't have to stray from the diet. I have also started looking at what foods are ok to grab in a pinch if out on the road somewhere without anything.

I'm definitely staying with it, dropped 5lbs in the first week!
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm on day 3. I also feel pretty great. No Keto flu so far. I'm working on keeping under 20 carbs and under 80 grams of protein a day. I was worried that I would feel poorly when exercising, but I was able to walk 6 miles yesterday with no problems, no sugar crash etc...

I can't really give any advice yet as I'm a newbie too, but I have found that having a food prep day once a week was really helpful when I did Whole30. Especially for breakfast. Having something I could grab and go was a lifesaver, because if I didn't start the day right with a good breakfast the rest of the day was difficult.
  • R3dDelicious
    R3dDelicious Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me/send me a message so I can add you... if you are doing keto. I need the support and motivation. Doing keto to kick health issues such as type 2 diabetes and fatness lol.
  • merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 5 here. So far so good.