tortillas which to buy

Options
I bought mission life balance whole wheat. They sold me with the name. It has one more carb than the flour low carb. I figured the whole wheat should be better.

Replies

• missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use those but also I use their extra thin corn .... you get 2 of them for 80 cals!
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    great value white corn - 2 tortillas = 90 cal
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Go with corn instead of flour :)
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like the Aztec brand, 2 for 150 calories. They are not the lowest calorie option but they taste GREAT. Most of the low carb/low fat/low calorie versions just taste like feet!
    The Aztec are also quite a bit bigger, so don't only compare calories, also compare how much you are getting
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm mexican, so Tortilla's are my life! :bigsmile: I only allow two a day...and I buy Corn tortillas, they are 80 calories for two corn tortillas, so it works for me! :smile:
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory Low Fat Low Carb is good also - huge tortilla for 80 cals.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I use those but also I use their extra thin corn .... you get 2 of them for 80 cals!

How do you use those for tacos w/out them cracking and having the bottom fall completely apart? I always use flour b/c of that problem, but I would really prefer to lower the calorie count!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Have been kinda bummed and not eating tortillas because they are so high in calories by themselves. Now there is hope ! THNX
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I get the mission yellow corn toritilla when I can get my hands on them. 80 calories with only 16 carbs. Cut them in 8 peieces and bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes. So goooodd!
  • carolyndowdy
    carolyndowdy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...........I love mfp. New to this. I have a family that loves to eat and I have trouble getting any support from them. (not to be critical). I just appreciate the help.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I just get mission corn tortillas. They're great for fajitas, crisp up great in the oven as enchiladas and you could even try making your own tortilla chips - I keep meaning to do it!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

These are my favorites... and with a little PAM and 10 minutes in the oven, they make GREAT tortilla chips.