Carb's- i need educating please!

Options
I had a programme update at the gym yesterday, my trainer spoke with me about what i was eating so i told her, she then said i shouldn't have carb's (except veg) or fruit after lunch time.
I just wondered what you guys think to this? whats do you think is the reasoning for this change? ( i should have asked her but i didn't, i'll ask when i see her next)
I'm definatly not missing out on carbs as i have toast for breakfast or a sandwich for lunch, plus i eat a fair amount of veg!
I figured i'd give it a go, just to see what the results are and see if i could sustain this change to my eating. Who knows, i can't knock it till i try it!

Replies

• mynameisnutz
    mynameisnutz Posts: 123
    Options
    I had a programme update at the gym yesterday, my trainer spoke with me about what i was eating so i told her, she then said i shouldn't have carb's (except veg) or fruit after lunch time.
    I just wondered what you guys think to this? whats do you think is the reasoning for this change? ( i should have asked her but i didn't, i'll ask when i see her next)
    I'm definatly not missing out on carbs as i have toast for breakfast or a sandwich for lunch, plus i eat a fair amount of veg!
    I figured i'd give it a go, just to see what the results are and see if i could sustain this change to my eating. Who knows, i can't knock it till i try it!

There is no reasoning. This is typical unscientific nonsense that gets regurgitated at gyms among uninformed trainers and meatheads.

Eat your carbs whenever you want, at whatever time. It doesn't matter one bit.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    Lol ok thanks! Your signature explains your response!

I'll try it any how and see if it makes a difference or not, so long as I stick to the cals i should be fine!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I am following this program:

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-diet-muscle-gains-strength-building-fat-loss/

But for a long time I was just following the moderation rule, as in I could eat whatever I wanted, but just making sure I wasn't overeating and this worked for me as well. I am now trying to be more strict with my diet, and thus the above program.
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options

There is no reasoning. This is typical unscientific nonsense that gets regurgitated at gyms among uninformed trainers and meatheads.

Eat your carbs whenever you want, at whatever time. It doesn't matter one bit.

Why am I in your signature? :huh:

You need some kind of disclaimer there that your views do not necessarily reflect my views. Except in this case. And in most cases.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Ignore her. (Doesn't that feel good?) Eat your carbs when you fancy.