How much to lose until ppl can tell???

Options
KkBlowin25
KkBlowin25 Posts: 45 Member
edited October 2016 in Motivation and Support
Just wondering how much weight until ppl start to see you losing? Sometimes my husband says I'm looking good, then he says it takes time... Like no kidding. U don't say. Lol sorry just ranting. I think I'm looking damn good. Of course it takes time this is a change of life.

Replies

• floris89
    floris89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    usually, the first thing to show is weight loss in your face, especially the jaw (in my case). the more effort you put in the faster people will notice. another factor is how long people haven't seen you. if people see you every day like you see yourself every morning in the mirror, chances are they won't notice it right away. on average it takes about a month when you focus on building a physique/muscle, if you are planning on losing fat it could only take up 2 weeks before you get a response or compliment from someone else. but those are just guidelines. keep in mind the first few pounds could just be ''water retention'' from high salt/carb intake from processed foods that is flushed out due to eating healthier/drinking more water. so that's not actually fat loss even though you will still look better than before. hope my comment helped.

• MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It takes time & varies from person to person. It will probably take people that see you all the time longer to notice than people that only see you occasionally.
    Are you doing it so others notice or are you doing it for yourself so you know you look & feel great?
  • KkBlowin25
    Options
    Thank you!! Yeahh , ive lost 25 lbs I'm down to 178.
    I eat low carb, and workout for at least 55 mins a day doing cardio with strength training. I really just needed to lose the extra mommy weight, also breastfeeding . I have got some compliments and also notice each day I wake up that I'm looking m feeling much better. I guess it just really depends on body structure n beginning weight huh??
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    It took me nearly 2 stone for people to start noticing
  • KkBlowin25
    Options
    Thank u all!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Your appearance can change but that doesn't mean people will actually comment or compliment you unless you tell them you lost weight.
    I noticed a very visible difference in photos of myself after about 20 lbs. After 28 lbs I still haven't gotten comments from people outside of my dh who thought I looked good at every weight I've ever been.
  • KkBlowin25
    Options
    Wow, unbelievable. Well just have to keep going, the time will pass anyway better make it count huh.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It depends on how observant and how informed the other people are. Could be 5 pounds, could be 50, lol!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i think 10 to 15 is when most notice but depends on how heavy you are. I think its the face first thats noticed
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    For me 17-20 lbs
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I have lost 25 pounds and no one says a word. Not my husband or anyone. I did have one neighbor notice. And to hear her tell it I have made quite a dramatic transformation. So I dunno.
  • lovemytwosweetkids
    Options
    So far I've lost a tad over 40 lbs. and almost no one has said anything. I had lost about 30 over the summer and no one noticed when school started again (I teach). I started at 254. I do think where you start makes a big difference, as when you're larger it takes much longer to notice. I do get compliments from a couple of my friends who know I'm working hard at it. My mom compliments me when I ask for it (by saying I've lost X amount of weight). I am losing for health reasons and so, although the lack of anyone noticing is disappointing, I just keep plugging ahead.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Your appearance can change but that doesn't mean people will actually comment or compliment you unless you tell them you lost weight.
    I noticed a very visible difference in photos of myself after about 20 lbs. After 28 lbs I still haven't gotten comments from people outside of my dh who thought I looked good at every weight I've ever been.

This was me as well. 20 pounds or so close friends and family noticed and commented. Now 43 pounds down it's glaringly apparent I look different and most that know me say something. And then there's the ones that tell me I'm too skinny. Not. What matters is: I love the new me, I am off my cholesterol meds and my doctor is absolutely amazed that I did it...finally.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It's really different for us all. I'm 5'2" so it shows up pretty quick, however depending on what I wear, people may or may not notice right away. Not everyone is comfortable saying anything either. They don't want to be the person who asks a women when they are due only to drown in the awkward moment when they are told there is no baby. People don't often comment until it's pretty drastic.
    However you know and can feel great about your progress! So smile, hold your head up, and enjoy the new found success and energy!
  • llwolford
    llwolford Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think people do not always notice because you lose weight, but do not necessarily change your wardrobe. I have lost 4 sizes since January, and made sure I had at least one or two outfits that made me feel good in my new size. People are reluctant to buy new clothes because they are still losing, but for me it was encouraging. It takes about 7 to 10 pounds to drop a size. If nobody says anything, it does not change the fact that you have been making positive changes to your health.