im new!!! need encouragement!!

Options
Im new to this..i really need encouragement! i lost 70 pounds but have gained 30 or so back..i feel helpless and scared because i cant seem to do what i need to do to get back on track..i keep making excuses and i need to stop..what do you tell yourselves to help get back on track? i believe in integrity ..but in this area (dieting)..im lacking..any advice?

Replies

• vancemarylln
    vancemarylln Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site to use for encouragement and advice. I have been trying not to get down on myself when I slip up. I just focus on what I can do to fix it now. If I eat more than I should in one day, I will try to add in another workout for that day if there is time... If it's too late, I focus on what I can do the next day... Add me if you want :smile:
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    Well to MFP you came to the right place now for me what encourages me is trying on my old clothes that not to long ago I could wear and they fit tight but now two people could gt in with me. Sometimes I dont do good but I either work out more or do better the next day dont beat yourself up. I am also on the 17 day diet and boy that works for me i love it. add me if you like.
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    Welcome!

I would say log everything, even the bad choices, the more you do this the more you recognize them. Eventually you will find yourself spotting the bad choices as you make them and then you can take it from there.

Best of luck on your journey!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! MFP is a blessing as far as getting yourself on the right track to a healthier you! Try not to think of what you a e doing as dieting. DIeting isn't a life time commitment it is a way to lose weight. You need to focus on the long haul as in a life style change you can live with.
    I allow myself treats each day if I want one, but I get 100 calorie packs of treats or low fat treats. By doing this, I find for me, I don't want them as often as you would think. Probabyl becaus I know I can ahve them when I want and don't go without.
    I had a bad 2 months spell where I had every excuse in the book as to why I wasn't exercising. I did eat right but without the exercise I put on a half pund a week and a total of 4 lbs. Not much but considering I had just made it over the 10 lbs lost mark,..... I finally just got sick of listening to my excuses and wondering when i was ever going to be able to exercise again! I just got back on the wagon and ahve been mostly good since then!
    Forgive yourself for any goofs as they come. Try to figure out why they happened and if there is something you can do differently next time. I find if you dedicate a set time of day or set days to exercise, even writing it on the calendar as an appointment, I stick with it better. I view it as Me Time and enjoy it when ever I can. Sometimes it isn't as easy as others but I try to push myself, at least during the week. Weekends are an entire other beast!
    Feel free to add me if you'd like and good luck in your journey!!!!!