very small nsv

Options
godroxmysox
godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
We attended a wedding for one of my husband's friends on Saturday. He is one of those people that always seems serious and you can't really tell when he's joking (even though it's almost always, haha). Being that I am fairly quiet, we had only had a few conversations.

When we were getting ready to leave and saying our goodbyes, he gave me a hug (completely unexpected) and told me I looked great. I uttered a quiet "thanks" and grinned from ear to ear. I felt wonderful about how I looked before that (my profile photo), but that just made my day.

Just thought I'd share =)

Replies

• susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Everything positive about changes you have made or what physically people notice are indeed great victories! We forget that others notice. Congratulations!
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The scale can move, clothes can shrink, but a compliment can make it all worth it!
  • michellellake
    michellellake Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is always nice to hear a compliment from someone, especially when you have been working very hard to improve yourself. Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That's not "very small", that's huge! Good for you!!!! :-)
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Nothing small about that NSV! Some times the whispered comments speak volumes. Nice job!!:drinker:
  • frilly7483
    frilly7483 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Its always such an amazing when people notice and make a comment, especially someone you're not expecting it from. You must be beaming and deservedly so!! :)
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    That's what keeps a girl going! Congrats!
  • tmacs
    tmacs Posts: 60
    Options
    I love it! You do look great BTW!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    That's huge! I love it that people notice and say something. I know it won't last forever, because all the new people I meet will only know me this way, but it sure feels good to get noticed for the right reasons!!!

Cute outfit.. BTW.... and you look amazing!!!
  • cnewyou
    cnewyou Posts: 40
    Options
    That's awesome. Don't laugh, but what is an NSV?
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Don't laugh, but what is an NSV?

non-scale victory =) i had to ask at one point too, lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!