New to my fitness pal

Options
Hi to everyone who is strong enough to join a dieting site. I'm hoping to see some good results, i have been following a slimming world plan or the last few weeks and the weight loss stopped about 7 months ago so have been trying calories and so far so good. If anyone has any tips on how to keep on track please let me know. The worst time of day for me is in the evening when the kids are fast asleep!!!!!!

Replies

• slimdownmike
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great resource... my main tip is keep logging everything :smile:

Best of luck!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Log your food and exercise and eat your exercise calories! You'll be at goal before you know it.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Love this site! It's been a real eye opener for me. As for evenings.... I tried to workout. Try to keep yourself busy and away from the kitchen!
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Keep logging, if you are tempted to nibble, having to log it puts you off :)
    And invest in some treats that won't blow your calorie budget. At the moment I am loving sugar free icepops. Sugar free jelly is a nice treat too
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    Log your food and exercise and eat your exercise calories! You'll be at goal before you know it.

What he said, and you gotta pay some attention to someone with 180lb lost.... :smile:

Best of luck!
  • cpsoroff
    cpsoroff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello fitness pals! My name is Cathy and I joined Fitness Pal a week ago. I like the way this program tracks food and exercise. Summer and Calgary Stampede will be difficult. So maintaining this summer is a good goal for me. Fitness needs to be part of your lifestyle. If you don't use your muscles, you loose your muscles. Good Luck on your fitness journey!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is such a great site and logging everything really opens your eyes and keeps you on track! I tend to keep super low cal snacks in the house, in case I really need a treat, and I break everything down into serving size when I bring in home from the store, so that I am never tempted to eat more than that. Good luck to you, you can do it!
  • izzy02
    izzy02 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi!! I am new to MFP as well although I downloaded the app for my iphone well over a month ago but never really used it. I've been trying to motivate myself to lose the weight and up until now, I simply couldn't. I tried just about everything but after time I
    went back to my old self. I guess it's true, unless we have others that push us along the way, the chance of success is minimal. I am now more determined then ever to shed the weight and in the process look forward to making long lasting friends with the "right" group of people.

Good luck to us all!!!!!!!! :)