Preparing chicken for the week

Options
casie05
casie05 Posts: 48 Member
When u guys/gals prepare your meals for the week, I love chicken so I would t mind having it all week for lunch, but I was just wondering when u prepare ur meals for the whole week. Can I make chicken for the whole weeks lunch and it still be good by Saturday? Or should I cook it for 3 days then on the 3rd day make more?

Replies

• PamKeck
    PamKeck Posts: 1
    Options
    Cook it for 3 days
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    we usually cook for the next 3 days for a few reasons. you never know with meat, especially with chicken, but also because we don't want to get sick of the same flavours all week long! sometimes we'll cook a batch of chicken, split it in half and add 2 completely different spices just to keep things interesting! i would do 3 days at a time, but i'm sure you'd fine if you kept it longer! hope this helps :)
  • rainydayducki
    Options
    I will grill food for the whole week just so I can put together sandwiches and salads...

EDIT: I wanted to add I freeze it and just microwave it when I get to work.
  • labelleariane
    labelleariane Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    froze the half of it
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Yep 3 or 4 days, here, too. Starts to taste funky after that.

Slow-cookers FTW!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I will only eat leftovers up to 3 days later.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I will bake 2-4 breasts regular..no spices, no nothing..just oven baked chicken..then I can do different things with it.I have seared it in marinade (my husband loves that)..You can use this for salad, fajitas, sandwiches, plain...and there are so many marinade flavors...I add 1tbsp for every 2 ounces of chicken...I cook 4 at a time because that usually lasts no more than 2-3 days...