Tips for losing the baby weight?

Options
I haven't been very active on MFP in a long while, due to the fact that I got pregnant and had a baby! My little girl is now 3.5 months old and sweet as can be. I gained 43 pounds during my pregnancy and I've lost 26 pounds since I've had her. My first goal is to get back down to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm breastfeeding part time as I'm back to work now. Do any of you have any tips for losing weight post partum while breastfeeding?

Replies

• ummijaaz560
    ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby! I remember my babies at that age
    Dont know why my whole post was lost?

I had said that you will have to balance your calorie deficit with keeping up your milk supply.
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My baby is 3 months! I gained 40 pounds (the last 10 were from my last week in JUST fluid lol) i lost all the weight but 6 pounds in 2 weeks. Then I started watching my calories and continued to lose more. I have lost 11 pounds now.

Log everything u eat, and add in breast feeding in the cardio section and eat those calories back.

Or start at 2000 calories seems pretty standard I've been told. If ur milk supply drops add more.

I've EFF since 2 weeks cuz my milk didn't come in plus we had a horrible time latching.

Congrats on ur baby! 3 months is so much fun!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I am always hesitant to give advice since what worked for me, may not work for you. Hormones and milk supply can be tricky and are different for each woman. I would take things very slow in terms of the calorie deficit.. don't cut too fast since supply can drop. I was eating just above maintenance and it seemed to work well for me. Some people add 300-500 to their intake to account for breastfeeding. See what works for you. Good luck!