Hey everyone!

GypsyRose25
GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
edited 4:03PM in Introduce Yourself
Hey all! A few months ago I got really sick. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and that was followed up with a diagnosis of Sarcoidosis in my lungs. Needless to say, I was bedridden for nearly 3 months. And I was prescribed prednisone. So I have gained 20 pounds in the last few months. I was already overweight by a lot!

I am now completely motivated to not just shed the weight I gained, but to shed all of my excess weight and to be healthy!

I just wanted to share my little story with y'all!

Replies

• jenro39
    jenro39 Posts: 29
    U go girl, show us what u are made of, u can do it.
  • Keep that motivation going. You can do this!! Good luck!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! Best of luck to you, I know you can do it! :happy:
  • Welcome & Good Luck on your journey. May you find what you need to get where your going.
  • GypsyRose25
    Thank you very much, everyone! =D
  • kimberly2664
    kimberly2664 Posts: 6 Member
    Good luck !!! You will love this site it is so easy to follow. I have lost 5lbs in one week just by sticking to my calories and doing some type of exercise (nothing over the top walking and the nustep machine) for just 30 mins 3 times a week. I have diabetes so it is very important that I stay healthy. If we dont have our health we dont have anything!!!!

Kimberly
  • GypsyRose25
    A good friend of mine has diabetes, and her doctor actually told her that monsters would eat her if she didn't start exercising at least 3 days a week. Needless to say, she now walks. =D
  • that's awesome we will help keep you motivated girl.
  • GypsyRose25
    Sweet! I'll need the help!
  • tina1005
    tina1005 Posts: 3
    GOOD LUCK!!!! Losing weight can be hard, but support makes it easier.
  • I can honestly say that when the doctor & nutritionist kept telling me to exercise it would help my sugar. I didn't believe them for one minute. I changed how I ate and was loosing weight but my sugar wasn't going down. No matter how good I ate it wasn't going down. My doctor gave me 3 months to get it together or she was going to put me on meds. Within those 3 months I started exercising and just as they said my sugar went down.
This discussion has been closed.