Fun fitness

Options
Dokota2021
Dokota2021 Posts: 13 Member
edited October 2016 in Success Stories
Being open to new and more fun fitness is helping me to shed the pounds in addition to calorie counting. I found a pole dancing class (fight the stigma, folks. Those girls are strong!) and a kickboxing class. Getting off the treadmill has helped me ENJOY getting fit. And I've made some cool non-judgmental workout buddies: another plus if pole fitness.

Does anybody else have a fun fitness activity???

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I find it fun lol but it's not all that exciting. I swam all summer an's now I am hiking.. I hate the gym so trying to focus on exercise I like :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Try belly dancing classes. It is hilarious and beneficial. It got me to recognise and engage all my abdominal muscles while giggling like crazy. I also like wearing the waist scarf with jingly bits (optional) that I got in Istanbul.

Cheers, h.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    I love racquetball
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love boxing, zumba, and I learned how to ski. Like my 8 year old said "if it ain't fun don't do it"
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I just started learning Jiu Jitsu and I'm amazed that I actually like it. I never thought rolling around with a sweaty person (male or female) and trying to kill each other would be a fun activity for me, lol
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Love pole & aerial. Specifically aerial silks. Ant wait to get my shoulder rehabbed so I can get back at it!
  • LindaGilpin59
    LindaGilpin59 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Biking. Started biking every day in May and haven't stopped. 155 days and over 2100 miles. Most like when I can get out on a bike path. We have some great bike paths in Central Iowa.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!