Saxenda group??

Options
Anyone taking Saxenda? Is there a mfp group for us? I'd appreciate connecting for support and sharing

Replies

• 145brickhouse
    145brickhouse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    starting next week, i got to see what my doctor says.
  • Kimberly17
    Kimberly17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started in april. Down 7 pounds. I was hoping for better results but I will take it.
  • melissag408
    melissag408 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 3 and on 1.8. so far I think I will stay on this level until the effect wares off as I feel very full most of the time. Nausea is not great but I am taking ginger tablets to help with that. 5 pounds down. Was expecting a little more considering how little I am eating on same days.
  • Ohsoozq
    Ohsoozq Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @de7inhim - I just started taking Saxenda last Wed. 7/6 & like it so far. I don't own a scale so I'm not sure if I've lost any weight yet. I read up on it before taking my first dose & was concerned about the nausea, headaches, fatigue & such. However, I really haven't had too bad of an experience with any of them- a little bit of nausea the very first day but not much since. I'm still at the lowest dose, will adjust up tonight as I'm starting the 2nd week. I have noticed that I get fuller faster & can't finish half of the portions that I used to gobble up, so that's a good sign! I have been taking my injection at night right before bed, some of the reviews that I read before starting suggested that so I could sleep through any side effects that may occur. But I forgot it last night, had to take this morning & think I'll wait until tomorrow morning for my next dose since I'm increasing for the first time & don't want to overdose & make myself sick as I've had very minor side effects so far.

Also, I haven't started any real serious exercise regiment yet but hope to within the next week or so.

Wishing you the best of luck! Keep me posted on how you're doing :)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    de7inhim wrote: »
    Anyone taking Saxenda? Is there a mfp group for us? I'd appreciate connecting for support and sharing

Yes there is a group!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111782-saxenda-liraglutide
  • Sportdog2
    Sportdog2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on Saxenda for two weeks. And I noticed that it does work....sometimes. Does anyone else have the same experience? I'm on 1.2 now but tomorrow go to 1.8. Have had zero side effects. Maybe my body just needs the hire dose to be effective??? I'd appreciate your input!
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I found that at 1.2 for the first 2 weeks it made me nauseous. I had to stay at 1.8 for a few weeks because it gave me sulphuric burps and diarrhea... but I've been at 2.4 for 2 weeks now. I take it at 5am when I get up and think it works well.
  • QuueneBee2
    QuueneBee2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna give this a try
    I'm desperate-tomorrow am start
    Fingers crossed I just want to feel healthy again
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I was not sure what that was so I googled it and visited their website, and this is what I saw:

0dfhfrxwlw7k.png

Scary stuff...

If you are supposed to watch your calories while taking it anyway, why not do it without it?
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I was not sure what that was so I googled it and visited their website, and this is what I saw:

0dfhfrxwlw7k.png

Scary stuff...

If you are supposed to watch your calories while taking it anyway, why not do it without it?

Hello,
    So, if you read all the way through you will see that the thyroid cancer was noted in rats and that people with a family history of a very particular type of thyroid cancer should be cautious. This trend has not been seen in humans without this history.

As far as pancreatitis, if you read all the way through, this has been seen in people with the history of pancreatitis, alcoholism and high lipids.

If you don't fall into any of these categories than its not so scary. I would tell anyone to follow the science and not the fear!